Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I will laugh about this some day...... >

I will laugh about this some day......

I will laugh about this some day......

Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Sounds a lot like my 5 year old GS. He's such a handsome guy - you couldn't possibly stay mad at him for long.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:43 AM

My sons were like that to and gates, words, warnings, nothing helped. My oldest got up way before I did one morning when he was about 20 months old, climbed up on the kitchen counters and proceeded to empty the cabinets by throwing everything to watch it crash on the floor. Needless to to say cleaning tabasco sauce and broken glass is not how to start a good morning.
My youngest was the cutter. Got into a drawer (which I didn't realize he knew I kept the sissors there) and proceeded to cut up the drapes, his hair, my rug hooking project and whatever paper was around. He was almost 3. he was in pre school and the next day I got a note home from the teacher telling me what great fine motor skills he had with sissors, I wanted to tell her she had no idea, but just laughted till the tears came. Cant wait till his almost 2yr old daughter does this. Gotta love 'em!!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM

yup , perfect angel . :D
Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 AM

When My DS was about 2 or 3, we caught him with a small pair of orange handled scissors. I checked him first to see if He was cut anywhere. He was OK. Could not see anything that was cut. The next day, my DD says, Mom, why doesn't kitty have any whiskers & eyebrows? We looked at each other and said, That's what he cut yesterday. It is a good thing that kitty was so sweet or He could have lost an eye or nose. I had kitty for fifteen years and he lost at least 3 or 4 of his lifes to DS.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 AM

my g-son jeremy is a "Colorer" , i had just finished a quilt (to sale) had put it on the bed to see what it looked like , and got distracted, in a little while my g-sons says "nana i color'' being distracted i say "ok " . "nana i color" came again, i turned around and he had with a black sharpie and had "colored " on my new quilt and himself. i almost cried. when i had calmed down , i took the same marker and wrote his name on the quilt and dated it. when he gets married he will receive that quilt. :x
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM

he is sooo cute and just the devilishness just comes through on this picture. God Bless You Mom- you have your hands full. :)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 AM

he was trying to be like his mommy. My step daughter did something similar when she was about 3 or 4. still not sure how she got the scissors in the first place.... anyway, she decided to do her clothes, and her sheets. And now that I am thinking of it, when I was living at home my baby brother did the same thing to his sheets. I know where they got the idea from, just never thoguht that they would pick up on what I was doing. Alot of my first fabrics were old sheets and clothes to see if i could make them "better". So they followed suit.

I learned to keep extra fabric- a pre-cut up pillowcase or 1/4 yard or "cool" fabric for the kids to cut up, and explain to them that that was the ONLY fabric they got to cut. My step daughter ended up making a train placemat, that we glued together. I never sealed it, so she couldnt use it at the table, but she loved to look at it in her room. and take the whole thing around and play "choo choo" with it :)
Old 05-11-2010, 10:24 AM

I used to always sew holiday dresses for my girls. The youngest age 3 climbed up on my cutting table and proceeded to redesign her dress. When I found it, all I could do was start over. Fondest memory of Christmas and my girls growing up. Who knows one day yours may become a famous designer. just re size your block and keep going. It would also make the outside for a gorgeous purse.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM

My grandson decided to help mommy one day and got ahold of the sissors and put a small clip on his quilt she was making so my other daughter designed a bandaid out of fabric and they appliqued it over the clip he had made in the quit. Thank heavens it was a small snip.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM

This beautiful child has his mother's smile and apparently shares her love of fabric!! I tell my own children that your days may seem very very long, but the years fly past~~~and yes indeed~~~this will be a laughable memory and one to share with his wife!!!! Enjoy that precious little "helper", before you know it, he'll be asking for the keys to your car!!!