Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I will laugh about this some day...... >

I will laugh about this some day......

I will laugh about this some day......

Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 AM

He wants to be a quilter in the making. Laugh or cry, but love him the same. He's so cute!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

awwwwww what a sweetie
Old 05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Oh for goodnes sake! I forgot about some of my kids antics until I read your posts. Happy mother's day everyone this was a fun thread to read.

p.s. Your poor blocks look like a dog and a person talking/ barking at each other.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 AM

He's definitely a cutie!

And the next time he drops eggs on the floor, pour salt all over them. They clean up very easy that way. Ask me how I know....
Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 AM

OMG he got a hold of the rotary cutter...you were lucky????
Old 05-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Kbeiderman - my son did almost the exact same cutwork on his window curtains when he was that age! (Curtains, I might add, that I had painstakingly made for him when I was 8.9999 months pregnant, and big as a barn!) They do have a way about them, don't they? :lol:
Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 PM

Oh yes and to get a hold of that rotary cutter he had to pull a chair up to a bookcase and get it out of a basket on the top shelf. So I am assuming it required a bit of a climb on the bookcase. Thank goodness it is the type with cabinets at the bottom so it was not a tip over situation. Then he had to push the chair to the ironing board and unlock the cutter.
Next year he will be going to Wyotech for automotive body repair and customization. LOL Guess he is going to make the pieces beautiful :) Anyone want to keep an eye on him?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:02 PM

I am the mom of 6 kids....this is a funny story! I enjoy that fact that my kids weren't the only ones to do something like this when they were little. Yes, you will laugh at this one day and think "I wish that was all he did". These are the joys of parenthhood.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:29 PM

My dear son did something like that to me once. I had made a table topper that was going to be a gift for someone,,,it was a kit, This meant I did not have any extra fabric. He had taken my rotary cutter and sliced it a few times. Lucky for him I sew late at night when everyone else is sleeping. It was 3AM when I found it and I was livid! It had only needed to be quilted and then it would be done. Since I had to mail it to CA, I was on a time frame. All I could do was try and hide the cuts. I took the few remaining scraps that I had and put them under where the cuts were...then I did some very creative quilting!! Lucky for Adrian (and his tushy) I managed to salvege it and for the most part you can't see it unless I tell you where it is. He got into major trouble the next day. Not for cutting my project, but for touching the rotary cutter!! I made it clear to him that it was a "pokey" and it would hurt him badly..even kill him. He hasn't done it since, but now they are locked away.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Ahhhh, thank you everyone for all your kind words, I am actually laughing about it now :) He did NOT get ahold of my rotary cutter thank god, it was my actual scissors. I have no idea how he cut that much with those big scissors and those little hands... I left the basement for a moment, and he was SUPPOSED to be upstairs with Daddy. I heard him call for Ashton and sure enough.

My daughter was aghast that I even asked her if she would ever cut hers or anyone else's hair when she was little. When I caught Ashton though, he had the scissors up to his hair. His beautiful lovely locks. Close call. Oh, and he could have poked an eye out, but thankfully not the hair. I am a little attached, can you tell?

He is quite mischievous this little one. I don't think he tries to be naughty, he just doesn't quite know enough to know better. He gets into most of his trouble just being curious (he does like Curious George a lot...) and as soon as he gets caught, he lays on the charm. It only works sometimes. :)

Oh, and Clem? He doesn't always keep it in his diaper, he has played with it in his crib more times than I want to admit to. :P

Have a great week everyone!!