Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

I love small town life just for that reason!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Must be nice to live somewhere like that. You certainly don't get anywhere like that here in California! :(
Old 10-31-2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Hey Melanie, did you get JoeAnn's email about your center? If not, I'll resend it. I thought I already had, but I guess that I was so tired that I picked the wrong group from my address book. My bad.

Folks, JoeAnn had been watching the mail, and I had warned her that the Canadian post was slow, and that it might take two weeks. Well, she told her mailman that she was expecting a package from Canada and asked him to keep an eye out for it. A couple of nights ago, she was in bed reading at about 12:30 am when the doorbell rang. It was her mailman with the envelope. He had been sorting mail and found it, and drove about seven miles to hand deliver it at that time!! I told her she needs to give him a special holiday bonus!!

wow, no I hadn't gotten that email! I was starting to wonder about my package!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
wow, no I hadn't gotten that email! I was starting to wonder about my package!

O, poor JoeAnn even has trouble with email! LOL. She sent this at 1am on Tuesday, 10/27:

Melanie, I just had a very nice surprise. The doorbell rang and when I answered it was my postman and he handed me your package. I had told him I was looking for a package from Canada so when he was sorting mail tonight and found it he drove about 7 miles out into the country to bring it to me. How is that for perfect service? I was totally amazed and even more amazed to see your square it is beautiful and it is such an honor to get to work on it Thank you for extending me the privilidge. JoeAnn PS Gai will post pictures of your block when I get it done because I am totally computer stupid and even if I tried to print pictures I couldn't so she has agreed to do that part for me. I'll forward as soon as I get the border done so she can put pictures on line. JoeAnn
Old 10-31-2009, 07:33 AM

I love joanne. She reminds me of my DMIL with her computer savvy!! Everytime something like this comes up I get the biggest grin and think "bless her heart" - You are a good friend Gai!!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I love joanne. She reminds me of my DMIL with her computer savvy!! Everytime something like this comes up I get the biggest grin and think "bless her heart" - You are a good friend Gai!!

It is funny how computers intimidate her, because she is such an absolute expert at all things sewing, quilting, etc!! I met JoeAnn about 15 years ago. She taught the beginner quilting class I took at a LQS, and had given all the students her name and number in case we had any questions. I enjoyed the class a lot, and signed up for the next level class, taught by someone else. Well, I walked out of that class at the end of the first session, literally in tears, swearing that I would NEVER have anything to do with quilting again! When I got home, I called her number and poured out my woes. Well, she invited me to join a small group that she was giving lessons to at her home. Obviously she couldn't mention this to anyone in any of her classes at the quilt shop, because it was a conflict of interest, but our class had finished and I called her on my own. I started going over to her house, and we became almost instant friends, and the rest is history!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 AM

That is such a neat story!!

I don't personally know anyone else who quilts... much less someone my own age. My friend's mother just started quilting, but she's getting tips from me, lol. Maybe in 15 years time I will have some awesome stories too :)
Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Thats a great story of how you met Gai! JoeAnne sounds like lots of fun in her emails....maybe we can teach her how to do email at least by the end of the IRR

I think that now...we all have centers to work on...right?????
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 AM

WOW! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
I think that now...we all have centers to work on...right?????

Well, technically only two of us have centers to work on. The other four have finished their's! :P :P :P