Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 10-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

gai...thats a really good idea. We didn't take those kind of precautions on the last one and I didn't notice that anyone had a problem, but .....you never know. And now that you and JoeAnne brought it up...why you just know it will happen to somebody don't you! I'm going to copy your comment to the original centers thread. Thanks for letting us all know.!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:44 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Wow Gai - tell JoAnn that her centre is awesome! I have a strelitzia as a house plant (it wouldn't survive outside here, not Argentina climate!) But it's a baby so probably won't flower for another few years. :D
Old 10-11-2009, 05:50 AM

I have a baby bird of paradise too. Have to keep it indoors in our climate. We started growing it from seeds, had 6 seeds, 2 of them grew, and Sasha put the plant outside this summer and that &^$%@$! squirrel ate one of them!!!! So, now I'm trying to coax the other one to keep growing. During our move this summer, some moron dropped our plant on it's head in our yard and LEFT IT THERE. The next day we were like, what's this flower pot doing upside down? And then we found out how careless and inconsiderate some 'friends' can be. If it's not their own stuff, they don't give a crap. Basically the response was 'it's just a stupid plant, buy another one'. Too bad those take like, 5 years to bloom!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I would have been MAD!!! Mine was barely a cutting when I got it 3 years ago so I figure I have maybe another couple of years to wait! If not, I'll cheat and buy a fake flower and stick it in the pot! :lol:
Old 10-11-2009, 06:18 AM

I was mad, but Sasha was cursing a blue streak!
I mean, it's bad enough that someone nearly murdered our plant this summer, but we KNOW the damn squirrel has been digging our yard for a while now, why he thought it would be a good idea to put the plant outside is really beyond me!
*sigh* We planted a couple of pinapples too and they don't seem to be doing much but turning brown...
Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Yes, and I bet the squirrels don't touch THOSE! :shock: :lol:
Old 10-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Just thought I'd post a link to group 2's thread on here also...Terri did get it up and running before she goes on vacation. (lucky dog)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...40.page#558191

Mines ready to go....ya'll let me know when you mail out and when you recieve a center please!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 AM

I got everything ready last night. Tucked in the center, a card that has the fabrics so you can bring it with you to an LQS if you are shopping for fabrics, a label, and hmmm, something else, but can't quite recall ( :wink: ). Are we mailing on the 15th? Gosh, I feel so stupid - I though today was the mailing date and worked like a wild woman last nite to get teverything ready. It just now dawned on my as I was typing that I still have two days to go!!! Yea, I finished early!!!! :roll:
Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Yes, and I bet the squirrels don't touch THOSE! :shock: :lol:
Ya but those ones are from seeds or bulbs, so they can't do much...
Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I got everything ready last night. Tucked in the center, a card that has the fabrics so you can bring it with you to an LQS if you are shopping for fabrics, a label, and hmmm, something else, but can't quite recall ( :wink: ). Are we mailing on the 15th? Gosh, I feel so stupid - I though today was the mailing date and worked like a wild woman last nite to get teverything ready. It just now dawned on my as I was typing that I still have two days to go!!! Yea, I finished early!!!! :roll:
Esq - since you're mailing to me ie international (no, I DON'T live next door! :mrgreen: ) maybe you could send early if it's OK with Patti? :D Dying to know what the 'something else :wink: ' is!!! :mrgreen: