Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
It's Done in time for tonight!!! >

It's Done in time for tonight!!!

It's Done in time for tonight!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 AM

You ARE a Gem. Thank you so much. I did Google "Warm Wishes" and downloaded the pattern. Again, your colors were perfect. Thank you for all of your help and ideas and for just being the kind of person you are--thoughtful.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 AM

Very pretty. I like the color combination. So calming. :D
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM

very nice quilt it looks good
Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 AM

What a great friend you are!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:02 PM

She (Jackie) was admitted back into the hospital on Monday and had emergency surgery again Monday night. She had a perforated bowell and aparently there was still some leakage and an infection. I heard she is resting and they think they got it fixed. Infections can be a nasty nasty thing!!! I have been down that road before.

DD is not home yet. I did get to talk to her on the phone again yesterday.
Thank you all for your encourging words and thanks. I will be sure to tell her what you all have said!

DD was told that she will most likely need surgery on her shoulder. she just needs to let them know that she would much rather have it done here locally so she can get home. She has another MRI today and a determination will be made if they are going to let her come home sometime between Saturday and Tuesday, or if they are going to keep her there for surgery.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 PM

What a good friend you are! I think I would also have to refer to you a "Speedy Gonzalez). Great job!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 PM

The quilt for your friend turned out beautifully! And now it's even more important to her. I'm sending thoughts and prayers her way, your way, and your daughter's way.

I SO UNDERSTAND you and your daughter wanting to have that surgery done at home. My son broke both wrists when he was in the Navy. He had the wrists set, then he talked the docs into sending him home on compassionate leave so Mom could take care of him, because he LITERALLY could do nothing for himself - not even put a fork to his mouth - because one cast went past his elbow - the other stopped short only so he could take care of 'personal needs.' The first thing we did was take him to OUR orthopedist for Xrays & his opinion. Fortunately, he agreed with the Navy docs, and I nearly fainted when I saw the Xrays.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Thank you Joanne. She called her husband today. The MRI did not get done. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning. She's really hoping that it will get read tomorrow and she can be coming home on Sunday. It may not be read until Monday in which it would be Wednesday before she could come home.
I'm sure it will be hard for her to say "goodby" to the rest of her Unit. Most of them are leaving for home tomorrow and she's staying behind until Drs make a determination.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Gayle, love the quilt, what a sweet thing to do and I am sure it is loved and appreciated.
I am so happy your daughter is home safe and. I am sorry to hear about her medical issues. I know you must all be excited to see each other but make sure she gets everything documented before she comes home. She never knows what future problems can result from either case and wants to make sure that she will be covered in the future if she does. Please keep us posted with her progress. I bet you can't wait to see her.
Ok, been looking for a pattern for some rose material I brought back from New York and I love this pattern. Thank goodness I finished reading the thread because I found the pattern name in there and was able to find it in full and single bed size. I can't wait to get started!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:06 PM

Thank you Penny. It is a very easy pattern to do and sew's up really fast.
My daughter is still in New Jersey awaiting more tests and dr. Apts. The earliest will be Wednesday and we are hoping and praying for that. I want her to come home where I can give her a big hug!!!!
I was at my Dr and told him what her problems have been and he said that she needed surgery and said that he would be glad to see her. I am scheduled for surgery on my shoulder the beginning of November. Who knows, we may both be recuperating together!!! It would be fun to go to therapy together with her, we could keep each other accountable to do our exercises!!