Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Jean quilt >

Jean quilt

Jean quilt

Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
As usual Penny, it's a beautiful quilt. Love the dress and the embroidery. How many more jean quilts are you going to make? Still need more jeans? I may have more. PM me if you want more.
Doug --- You're back from surgery! Welcome home! I hope all is well.
Yes, I am back from surgery. I'm pretty sure I posted it somewhere. I've been giving updates and BKinCO has been keeping the board updated on my progress.

The surgery went better than expected and I am doing fine. Home now and recovering. That's going to be the hardest part: Holding back and only doing what I can and not what I want. I'm listening to doctors orders and taking it easy.

So glad to be back on the board and keeping up with everyone.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
As usual Penny, it's a beautiful quilt. Love the dress and the embroidery. How many more jean quilts are you going to make? Still need more jeans? I may have more. PM me if you want more.
HI Doug, I have 5 more jean quilts to make .I have to make, three for this year, and two for the early birthdays I missed for the jean quilts. I think I have enough jeans, Now if I could get someone to cut is to 6 1/2 block and spare me more pain, But that is not going to happen. Thank you so much for helping me out. God bless. Penny
I'd cut them for you, but I think my doctor would have a fit right now. Good luck with them. Love the ones you've done so far. Keep up the great work, Penny!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by penny doty
HI Doug, I have 5 more jean quilts to make .I have to make, three for this year, and two for the early birthdays I missed for the jean quilts. I think I have enough jeans, Now if I could get someone to cut is to 6 1/2 block and spare me more pain, But that is not going to happen. Thank you so much for helping me out. God bless. Penny
I'd cut them for you, but I think my doctor would have a fit right now. Good luck with them. Love the ones you've done so far. Keep up the great work, Penny!
Thank you Doug, but please do what the Doctor says, I did not listen to mine, and that is how I ended up falling, and wrecking my back surgery. So put your feet up with a tall glass of ice tea, and enjoy life. bet you though I was going to say a tall glass of beer :D . God bless. Penny
Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 AM

Funny Penny! No, I really didn't think you would say beer. Besides, I'm not a beer drinker. Now, I could use a strong margarita or a dirty martini. But that's going to have to wait a while. I've got a long road of healing to do before I try stumbling around with a drink. I will stick to iced tea for now. Following doctors orders to the letter. Got an appt. on Monday to follow up and will see how it goes.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Funny Penny! No, I really didn't think you would say beer. Besides, I'm not a beer drinker. Now, I could use a strong margarita or a dirty martini. But that's going to have to wait a while. I've got a long road of healing to do before I try stumbling around with a drink. I will stick to iced tea for now. Following doctors orders to the letter. Got an appt. on Monday to follow up and will see how it goes.
What kind of surgery did you have ? I only have a drink about two times a year. Hubby is a recovering alcoholic going on five years. But sometimes if the pain is more than I can handle, Hubby will buy me a hurracain, It gives me a short break from pain. You only need one, It taste bad, but half way through, it taste a lot better :D You keep care. God bless. Penny
Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM

I had open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve. Surgery was a resounding success. I'd have a hurricane too if I could. I think I'm supposed to wait like 4 months. I hope not, not sure I can hold out that long.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM

The little dress is darling. the pocket really makes the dress. The pillow case dresses I make I always add pockets.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 AM

VERY good work and wonderful production/picture taking and all!
Good job, thank you for sharing <wave>
Old 08-10-2011, 08:31 AM

oh how absolutely cute!