Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Just a little something I played with tonight!! >

Just a little something I played with tonight!!

Just a little something I played with tonight!!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Izy I didn't say it before but I think you did a better job of adapting your flower design to a bookmark than I could have done!! I was looking at your bookmark again and thinking how can I do something similar? I never ever steal anyones design but I can be inspired to make my own!
I realized this morning if I took yours to Kalona it would sell in a heartbeat!!! It is really stunning and the paper piecing allows for such tiny slivers. I may have to try paper piecing if I could make it look as good! I have been adamantly opposed to PP but what do you know I may change my mind!
Bookmarks are my second best seller at Kalona so if you ever want to do a money maker for a charity or whatever you really have a winner!!

Send em to me I'll move them for you! Haha!
Rhonda I am ever so touched that you seem to like my work, as I think your work is outstanding, and I don't think I will ever achieve what you do :D

I might just take you up on that offer :wink: Well this one will be given as part of a birthday present tomorrow, so I will see whether it goes down well or not :lol:

The original pattern was just for the centre 'bud' shape, which is why I added the internal green layer, I finished it off, took one look at it and thought it need more...so I just drew a couple of extra lines to form the petals, though it is not a true rendition of any flower I have every seen lol!!

Yesterday, I did abit of experimenting, as the downside of paper piecing is the ripping it out, especially on these tiny projects. So I used fine fusible stabilizer, the weight you use for watercolour projects,but without the grid markings, it worked really well, as long as you don't use a really hot iron, or you could very easily fuse down the excess fabric :D

I was going to post a picture of the block...but when I photographed it I noticed a big gaff, I used the wrong fabric...oh heck I will show you all anyway lol, I will be doing some rip rip ripping...grrrrhhhh :lol: :lol:

Izy thank you for your kind works but what I do is just smoke and mirrors. When you know the tricks it is unbelievably easy. It just looks complicated but it isn't any more comlicated than putting together a 9 patch.

I love the compliments but I am always hearing people who think you could not do what I do but it is all in the tricks of the trade!

Yes I do a lot of 1" and 1 1/4" work which I will allow that a lot of people would not mess with but I have to challenge myself or I get bored and you wouldn't like me when I get bored!!!

What part of your pp is the wrong fabric?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Izy

Under the glass, I have used the glass fabric and it should have been b/g :roll: :oops: :D

I know what you been about becoming bored, I am always trying new things, I think if you don't try you will never know if you can do it or not :lol:
Old 03-21-2009, 03:15 PM

Izy, you still amaze me! Love the bookmark and wine bottle.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Izy

:D :D :D
Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM

How beautiful are the bookmarks! I like paper piecing, but have not tried miniatrues. Another thing to add to my to do list. :lol:
Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 PM

I think that is way too pretty to use as a bookmark. I would hang it on the wall.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 AM

Izy: Your bookmark is darling. TINY pieces...I think my big fingers would get in the way of progress if I tried this. :lol: Good Job! Thanks for sharing,.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

when I look at pics, my head and heart just start singing...so many adjectives trying to get out...might as well just recite the alphabet, lol! truly, I love Rhonda's work, and yours, and would love to do some of the miniatures, but you actually got in gear. This is awesome, as are you, Izy. it's beeutiful. lucky friend, I would treasure it. :D
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Izy

Thanks Feathers n Quiltingcrazy, you have a very eloquent way with words I might add :D :D :D
Old 03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

:D