Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing..... >

Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing.....

Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing.....

Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Izy

Hey Joanne and Elle, you should both know I don't mind...how can I when I am guilt of drifting off subject more times than I can remember tee hee!!

Elle...I have been following all the progress of the IRR, there are some amazing quilts being put together, they are all treasures.

No wonder the Spanish ladies went gah gah...the little patchwork that is done here is quite errrmmm boring?? :roll: Did you go to the Shop in Torre, with the room in the back, one of the ladies is called Isabel?

Thanks K., I really feel I like the way this quilt has turned out now, if I don't like things I can't settle with them and it wouldn't have got finished...I like it when I like it, it's gotta be right in my eyes or it will forever haunt me lol!! I am going to use this to practice machine quilting on, lots of open spaces. That's when I can sort out some backing fabric for it that is.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:12 AM

Wow! What a difference a day makes, it looks fantastic! :) :) :)
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by Izy
Ooops Sos Patti...not even got in my sewing corner yet today...I decided to make some lemon curd...had a wander around the garden, did some laundry, and vacuumed up about 100 May flies off the ceilings...urrrgghhh they look like mosquitoes, so they gotta go find a new place to live...in my Hoover! :D

THEN I just had to come see what was going on here....so distracted again lol!!

Going to get some done right now!! :D
I LOVE lemon curd, and I haven't had any since my last visit to London in '96. Please send a recipe! For the American gals who don't know what it is, it's like the best lemon meringe pie you ever tasted WITHOUT the crust and meringe!

Have just made some marmalade and got a lovely recipe for Lemon Curd made in a microwave, not tried it yet but can give you the recipe.

Elle
Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Hey Joanne and Elle, you should both know I don't mind...how can I when I am guilt of drifting off subject more times than I can remember tee hee!!

Elle...I have been following all the progress of the IRR, there are some amazing quilts being put together, they are all treasures.

No wonder the Spanish ladies went gah gah...the little patchwork that is done here is quite errrmmm boring?? :roll: Did you go to the Shop in Torre, with the room in the back, one of the ladies is called Isabel?

Thanks K., I really feel I like the way this quilt has turned out now, if I don't like things I can't settle with them and it wouldn't have got finished...I like it when I like it, it's gotta be right in my eyes or it will forever haunt me lol!! I am going to use this to practice machine quilting on, lots of open spaces. That's when I can sort out some backing fabric for it that is.
Yes saw ISSSSSabel as they say here, she is lovely and helped me choose the fabric with the help of some of the spanish ladies. They are not very adventurous with their work in there, but were very appreciative of the time and effort that had already gone into it.

Yes I know what you mean about YOU feeling happy with it, me too, doesnīt matter what others say, I have to know that I like it.

Elle
Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Izy

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssabel is very nice, I LOVE how they same my name in Spain..mind you I think yours would be EEllllllllllyyyyyyyyynooooooRRRRRRR or Ellyyyye for short, cute too!!

Did you not have your camera with you to snap the ladies at work in the shop then? :(

Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Very nice Izy -- I love the border!!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssabel is very nice, I LOVE how they same my name in Spain..mind you I think yours would be EEllllllllllyyyyyyyyynooooooRRRRRRR or Ellyyyye for short, cute too!!

Did you not have your camera with you to snap the ladies at work in the shop then? :(
Nope didnīt have my camera, so soooorry. Donīt get called Elle by the natives here they canīt get their heads round the double "LL" so they call me Elena. :D as if I didnīt have enought names that I was christianed with lol

Elle
Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by Izy
Ooops Sos Patti...not even got in my sewing corner yet today...I decided to make some lemon curd...had a wander around the garden, did some laundry, and vacuumed up about 100 May flies off the ceilings...urrrgghhh they look like mosquitoes, so they gotta go find a new place to live...in my Hoover! :D

THEN I just had to come see what was going on here....so distracted again lol!!

Going to get some done right now!! :D
I LOVE lemon curd, and I haven't had any since my last visit to London in '96. Please send a recipe! For the American gals who don't know what it is, it's like the best lemon meringe pie you ever tasted WITHOUT the crust and meringe!

Have just made some marmalade and got a lovely recipe for Lemon Curd made in a microwave, not tried it yet but can give you the recipe.

Elle
Sounds great, Elle!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Izy

Sorry Joanne, I forgot to include the recipe for lemon curd:

4 large lemons
4oz unsalted butter
4 eggs
1lb sugar

Grate zest of one lemon, set aside.
Squeeze juice of all lemons, mix with beaten eggs
Fill large pan with boiling water and place all ingredients in a heatproof bowl over the top, simmer water stirring mixture continuously, as it warms you will see a fine foam start to form on the top, as soon as this disappears, it's done!!

Pour into sterilised jars and keep refrigerated. It takes a couple of hours in the fridge to set.

Makes a couple of 1lb jars.

Enjoy!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Sorry Joanne, I forgot to include the recipe for lemon curd:

4 large lemons
4oz unsalted butter
4 eggs
1lb sugar

Grate zest of one lemon, set aside.
Squeeze juice of all lemons, mix with beaten eggs
Fill large pan with boiling water and place all ingredients in a heatproof bowl over the top, simmer water stirring mixture continuously, as it warms you will see a fine foam start to form on the top, as soon as this disappears, it's done!!

Pour into sterilised jars and keep refrigerated. It takes a couple of hours in the fridge to set.

Makes a couple of 1lb jars.

Enjoy!!
Wow - Elle sent me a recipe, too. This is great! I'll try both (just don't know how soon) and let you both know how they are. Both sound pretty simple. I have quite a sweet tooth - I don't know if I can wait a couple of hours for it to set!.