Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Katie's 'new' sewing table :-) >

Katie's 'new' sewing table :-)

Katie's 'new' sewing table :-)

Old 10-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Craftybug
OMG, I had that same table many years ago. Is that the one tha the machine folds into the table??? Katie will love it.
Yes, the table top opens out on both sides. The machine that was in the table is missing. Too bad. :(
Old 10-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Awesome!! I bet she had a blast organizing those drawers!! :D
Oh yes! The top drawer has a small pin cushion and several pegs for thread spools. Very cool!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Great find! Can she put the cutting board some place else ? I wonder if the weight and legs of the machine might make little dimples in the board & make it uneven for cutting later?
It's actually one of my old cutting mats. I put it under the machine so the table top wouldn't get scratched. We have a nice big cutting mat on another table. Thanks for noticing though. :D
Old 10-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
What a find! I'm sure she'll get a lot of years of use out of this. I think it's really special that she has her own machine and her own place to sew.
Katie has already told me that she is taking 'her' table with her when she grows up and moves out. :wink:
Old 10-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
Originally Posted by Harmony
What a find! I'm sure she'll get a lot of years of use out of this. I think it's really special that she has her own machine and her own place to sew.
Katie has already told me that she is taking 'her' table with her when she grows up and moves out. :wink:
See if you can get her to promise that's what she'll do!!! We still have way too much stuff from our kids!!!

I had a similar sewing table with a 1950's metal singer sewing machine I recently gave the desk back to my mother, who gave it to me. When we remodled my family room and put in my sewing cabinets, we no longer had room for the desk. I still have the sewing machine, in a box in the garage. Maybe someday one of my girls will want it?