Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Katie's 'new' sewing table :-)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    I gave Katie my old Brother machine but she didn't have anywhere to put it. So yesterday we went to the Salvation Army and found a great little sewing table. It is a singer made table that folds open. The sewing machine that came with it is no longer there and it has some scratches, but it's a great little table for Katie. We only paid $30 for it. :D


    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    bj
    bj is offline
    Super Member bj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,569
    Katie is so cute! Looks like she's ready to get down to business!

  3. #3
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    She looks very happy!!!!

  4. #4
    mgshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,079
    Cool!!! Great little table!!!!

  5. #5
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Great bargain, Katie looks really pleased with it :D

  6. #6
    Super Member sondray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Natural Bridge, VA
    Posts
    4,784
    Great price, I'm sure Katie is ecstatic.

  7. #7
    Super Member Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brea, California
    Posts
    4,411
    What a find! I'm sure she'll get a lot of years of use out of this. I think it's really special that she has her own machine and her own place to sew.

  8. #8
    Super Member quiltwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,930
    I think Katie looks pretty happy! I love her table--great find.

  9. #9
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,406
    Blog Entries
    10
    You do realize now, that you will have to start sharing your stash..LOL..She looks like she is ready to tackle everything...You could be in BIG trouble ! I see lots of your fabric just mysteriously disappearing. Just kidding, hope she enjoys it as much as the rest of us. its great to see the next generation getting interested in quilting and crafts, most just want to run to the store and buy it.

  10. #10
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,723
    That's great and drawers too! She should really feel like a sewer now!

  11. #11
    Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,540
    Yeah!!!! How fun is that!!!!

  12. #12
    Craftybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wendell, NC
    Posts
    596
    OMG, I had that same table many years ago. Is that the one tha the machine folds into the table??? Katie will love it.

  13. #13
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,753
    Wjat a great find - Katie looks so pleased!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    922
    What a cutie she is. Looks like she is ready to finish up her UFO. Now she can add another million miles on that Brother machine. Great sewing cabinet, love drawers :D

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Awesome!! I bet she had a blast organizing those drawers!! :D

  16. #16
    Belinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    401
    Wonderful!

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    oh my gosh ,,, look at her sweet smile. that is just too cool :D

  18. #18
    Super Member thimblebug6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    6,191
    Great find! Can she put the cutting board some place else ? I wonder if the weight and legs of the machine might make little dimples in the board & make it uneven for cutting later?

  19. #19
    Super Member Marcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,559
    What a great find-Katie will be turning out lots more blue ribbon quilts now that she has her own little space to sew in. She looks so happy :-)

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    You do realize now, that you will have to start sharing your stash..LOL..She looks like she is ready to tackle everything...You could be in BIG trouble ! I see lots of your fabric just mysteriously disappearing. Just kidding, hope she enjoys it as much as the rest of us. its great to see the next generation getting interested in quilting and crafts, most just want to run to the store and buy it.
    I am in big trouble. Katie has been getting into my stash for the past 2 years. She already has her own small stash and she loves shopping for fabric and notions. :shock:

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftybug
    OMG, I had that same table many years ago. Is that the one tha the machine folds into the table??? Katie will love it.
    Yes, the table top opens out on both sides. The machine that was in the table is missing. Too bad. :(

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Awesome!! I bet she had a blast organizing those drawers!! :D
    Oh yes! The top drawer has a small pin cushion and several pegs for thread spools. Very cool!

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Great find! Can she put the cutting board some place else ? I wonder if the weight and legs of the machine might make little dimples in the board & make it uneven for cutting later?
    It's actually one of my old cutting mats. I put it under the machine so the table top wouldn't get scratched. We have a nice big cutting mat on another table. Thanks for noticing though. :D

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    What a find! I'm sure she'll get a lot of years of use out of this. I think it's really special that she has her own machine and her own place to sew.
    Katie has already told me that she is taking 'her' table with her when she grows up and moves out. :wink:

  25. #25
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Quote Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    What a find! I'm sure she'll get a lot of years of use out of this. I think it's really special that she has her own machine and her own place to sew.
    Katie has already told me that she is taking 'her' table with her when she grows up and moves out. :wink:
    See if you can get her to promise that's what she'll do!!! We still have way too much stuff from our kids!!!

    I had a similar sewing table with a 1950's metal singer sewing machine I recently gave the desk back to my mother, who gave it to me. When we remodled my family room and put in my sewing cabinets, we no longer had room for the desk. I still have the sewing machine, in a box in the garage. Maybe someday one of my girls will want it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.