Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making Christmas Potholders

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharonpond
    That is a great idea. I've been trying to decide what pattern to make for potholders. Thanks
    Thanks...it is a little tiny bit more involved than some patterns but really worth the little extra work for nice gifts . I do find most people not use this sort of potholder but say they use them for hanging in the kitchen.

I REALLY liked this !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nwm50
    I REALLY liked this !
    Thanks...I have decided to go on and make more..once I started rooting around in my stash I found a little more of the fabric...will get them finished up and send a pic and then I found some other fabrics I can use for potholders..not xmas but for everyday using this pattern...even found 6 pieces of muslin all marked for the pattern....yippee no paper to remove!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    I pulled out a lot of 2" strips and other pieces of Christmas fabrics I have had for yrs and yrs and decided to make pineapple blocks to use for potholders...I think I will like them better in another order so the colors show more and the off white polka dot shows less....maybe make sets of one of each...I just finished this block and thought I'd share...will show pic of the other combination as soon as I am done.....not sure what I will use for the back but a darker color I am sure
    I would like the pattern for this. Is it available on line?

Really pretty! :thumbup: :-D

Do you use insul brite in your potholders, or just regular batting. I haven't seen the insulated batting here. Maybe I just never thought to look. But I was just wonder if I could use regular polyfil batting.

Love the colors you chose. Whoever gets it will really like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharonpond
    Do you use insul brite in your potholders, or just regular batting. I haven't seen the insulated batting here. Maybe I just never thought to look. But I was just wonder if I could use regular polyfil batting.
    I use 2 layers of cotton batting...they are good for average heat of pots and pans..not for oven but certainly work well for handling a pot on the stove or as a hotpad....I have had no trouble with any of my potholders like this...and like I said before ...seems most say they use them for decorations really.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    I pulled out a lot of 2" strips and other pieces of Christmas fabrics I have had for yrs and yrs and decided to make pineapple blocks to use for potholders...I think I will like them better in another order so the colors show more and the off white polka dot shows less....maybe make sets of one of each...I just finished this block and thought I'd share...will show pic of the other combination as soon as I am done.....not sure what I will use for the back but a darker color I am sure
    I would like the pattern for this. Is it available on line?
    Scroll back...I did post a pattern

Very nice!

I love your pot holders and the fabrics you used. I would like to know the finished size of yours, if you don't mind. I have some left over Christmas fabric that would be perfect for these.

Nice!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
    some asked for the pattern...it is paper pieced and I just extended the last row to go over the paper and then trimmed and I did the last two corner rows as one larger piece//

Pulled a few of these put that I made before and putting them with my craft sale items b ut thought some might like the pattern and idea for upcoming Christmas gifts

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by piepatch View Post
    I love your pot holders and the fabrics you used. I would like to know the finished size of yours, if you don't mind. I have some left over Christmas fabric that would be perfect for these.
    I think they came out to about 9"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2