Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mimisharon's reorganization...or something

Y'all come! I've always got the coffee and iced tea on!

Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    Y'all come! I've always got the coffee and iced tea on!
    But first we want to know how warm it is down there :D :D But I think we would have a lot of fun whether we were in your sewing room or not.... :D

Aren't shelves a wonderful thing. I really like your Design Wall. Great job :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Lookin' Good MimiSharon!!! WOW!!! Everything is so handy now, and organized too :D:D:D You put me to shame :oops:

Blog Entries
    drool.......green with envy! this is very nice.

I like the pocket thingy hanging on the door, I guess? Great, cozy room.

Wanna come to the snowy mountains and do my sewing room!

I need to do this so badly. Most of my fabric is still in my old sewing area. It was a porch at one time and we had it enclosed but didn't put any heat ducts out there. My dgd lived with us for a year and got my origional sewing room for her bedroom . Now she's gone and I haven't had the energy to tackle moving all that stuff again. It is definately a project for warmer weather as it is really cold out there now!!
    Ditter

nice space.

I just found a place when I googled for organizing sewing room and this one site had a way for me to put the lay out of my sewing room down and start really trying to decide just where things would really work out better. I've been in there sewing long enough that I know how it feels to sew there now. I need more shelves like Sharon showed and the peg board is so awesome. I have a felt wall area, but it is in the wrong area so now I can try different areas on this before I tear it down. Not a for sure thing, I know, but does help to kind of plan. I'm not sure the address, but was Icovia space planner. LOL Beth

I would love to come and help you unorganize that place!
    Looks like it would be a fun place to play!

You know when we moved into our new (to us) house, I was finally able to have a nice big room for my sewing room. It has a gorgeous view out the window (see picture). However, the window faces south. I have to keep the blinds closed all the time or I will get very bad sun fade on my fabrics. Also my cutting mats will warp and when the sun is shining in brightly, I get very, very hot. So now, I only open the shades when I will be in there for a little while. Shame to waste to gorgeous view.

View out my sewing room window
    Name:  Attachment-64951.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  52.4 KB

I live in the Lakewood area and just LOVE to drive through Sedalia to get to Larkspur. Beautiful country out there.

Looks like a fantastic creative space! :)

Yes, my DH and I moved to Sedalia in March 2008. Not only do we have gorgeous views, but we have a whole menagerie of animals that traipse through our property. Deer, rabbits, skunks, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, weasels, plus others that I have not seen or heard. The novelty has not worn off!

COwen, I think that is just a beautiful view. I think they have some stuff that you can put on or have it put on professionally that cut the sun light, UV stuff, but you don't lose the view. I'd have to do something, I think. You have a wonderful place to imagine beautiful quilts to put together. I feel a little green monster peeking around my shoulder. :) I am thankful everyday for what I've been blessed with though, and I have a window that faces the west, but I see from 2nd story through trees to corn fields or soybeans. Yeah not much in imaginative designs going on there. :) Bethy

Blog Entries
    WOW

First of all , please give my appreciation to your son and family members that are in the military, thank them all.
    Second what a great room! Is the gray board an example of the head liner fabric and if so does it come in any different colors? Us quilters could spend hours going through your goodies, uh-oh...a mess we could make. But then with the tea and coffee on - it would take us all no time to get it back into shape... Enjoy your quilting and life...

Blog Entries
    Wow, awesome room, you have done a great job

Karen

ahhh! now I'm ready to sit down and sew...you even left the light on for me! :-D

Way to go, Mimi! And regarding "sorta" , too much organization is dysfunctional, but a little is creative genius at work. I recently reorganized my sewing room and now I can't find what I am looking for, even though I know it is in there!!

My planning board is auto headliner fabric over a blue insulation board. We screwed it directly to the wall and if it dares to ever begin to sag it will be no problem to zip it down and readjust. My friend had bought a whole roll of it for her quilt shop and gave me a bit for my wall. The advantage is it doesn't hold the 'rafflies' and threads. I can run the lint roller over it after placing all my blocks the way I like.

I missed the point about the block being turned wrong, didn't look to closely at the picture, did I?

My light will always be on for my friends to visit.

I've already tossed around a few fabrics, cut pieces all over the floor again, and threads. But that's the beauty of the sewing room.

I made the storage bag on the wall with clear plastic, bias tape, and my zigzag stitch. Really helps to keep the bits and pieces for different project.

My window is on the east side, so I get nice morning sun and shade all afternoon. It's wonderful. There is a filtering film you can get at Lowe's to put on the window to filter out the UV rays but not block the view. I'm not sure of the cost but I know it would give you peace to look out at the wonderful view.

I get tickled when the squirrels climb up on the ramp rails and eat, they hear my sewing machine going and can't figure out where it is.

I used to have a squirrel that would sit in the window box and eat and watch me at the sewing machine. A couple of times he wasn't sitting in the window box, but on the frame of the window so that he could see everything in the sewing room...I miss that one. He was really cute....

Blog Entries
    Wow, I love your design wall and everything is so neat looking. I bet you enjoy the window for light! Awesome job!

You take care of yourself and enjoy sewing in your cool room!

Karen "Craftybear"

Sharon--your reorganization is a success! What a great room to create beautiful quilts in. You have everything you need right at your fingertips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast