Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"Mom, Can you?" & Settling In >

"Mom, Can you?" & Settling In

"Mom, Can you?" & Settling In

Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Well thought out and well done!

I am glad the recipient was appreciative!
Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
First I want to say how nice your son is, to want you to make something he appreciates that you do, for a friend. He sounds sweet.
Also, I think most of us get that 'Mom, I need you to make...' And usually not that much notice either.
I love your stash! I had to show my husband. I also love the quilt design you came up with. Can you show a close up of the points on the deer? I would like to know how you applied them bc they look so sharp.
Also, would love to know the LA you have and name of that study looking frame. Chances of me ever owning one are slim to none, but yours looks great.
I'm glad the girl like her quilt and appreciates both of your thoughtfulness.

I have done a couple of "Mom, can you?" quilts for son#2. He's a needy child. LOL! I love doing them though. He challenges my creativity.

I did fusible applique on the animals with a small zig-zag stitch around everything.

I have a Juki TL-2010Q on a Gracie King Frame (they don't make this frame anymore).
Old 05-09-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Friday1961 View Post
Fantastic quilt! What a gift you gave this young woman!

Also love your fabric storage; very neat.....until you can get realize your long term plan of a shed all your own!
The room all of this is in could be my she shed if we took the bed out of it. Its a fairly large room. The room will be empty when we move that frame out of there. lol. I am loving this storage option though. For now, it works beautifully.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
What a creative quilt! She’ll love it. About the organizing - I hope you have better luck than me on keeping it all so nice.
LOL!! My biggest problem with my crates on the floor will be the cat hair. I have a stuffed animal in one of the crates sitting on top of the fabric just to keep the cats from sleeping on it. Hoping the old house sells sooner than later so we can get started on the room where the cats can't get too.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:29 PM

You fulfilled the tall order for a quilt in a perfectly lovely way.

Having been through a move less than 5 years ago, I can see you had a monumental project moving all that stuff, and no, you won't need the exercise ball for awhile yet. I lost 20 pounds without really trying. I don't have a quilt stash anything like yours, but moving it was work, and I also sorted and packed hundreds of books. A lot were donated to the library book sale, but they still had to be handled and boxed and carried downstairs and out to the driveway and then loaded on a library cart when I got there. Then those that were moved had to be put away, more than half of them upstairs. I had to do it myself because I was the decision maker about which ones went where.

The weight came back after all that was done. Perhaps we need to move again. Groan.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:13 AM

How wonderful that you made a quilt for your son’s friend...and even more wonderful that he asked.
Congratulations on your new home and new sewing space...I hope you enjoy many years in your comfortable looking space. The milk crates look like a great storage idea. Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:13 AM

I can see why she loves this beautiful creation! You did a beautiful job!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:49 AM
lue

I love the quilt and your storage room makes me want to get out of this bed and go organize my studio!! Beautifully done.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Adorable quilt and your fabrics look neat and beautiful....but, more importantly, accessible!! Great job!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:41 PM
DJ

Oh my! Oh my! What a wonderful quilt and such great storage!