Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my $2.00 buy today >

my $2.00 buy today

my $2.00 buy today

Old 08-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

i need to find an old one to "Button Up", it would look nice on my sewing room wall
Old 08-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Good find!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Wow Carrie.... Maybe you could even paint polka dots on it and sell it for an outrageously high price! It's cute!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Maybe I can find sunflower buttons to put on it. Maybe I don't need a cord after all.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Great buy Carrie. Hope you can find a cord.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I was taking my DD to her Bf's house in the county when I drove by a yard sale at 65mph and and all I could see was a sewing machine and there was junk all over the place but at 65mph that is all I couldn't see any of the junk. So on my way back I stopped in the hopes that there would be other sewing stuff but no. I asked the gentleman what he wanted for the machine even tho there was not a cord. I looked it over and all the parts move and it has it's bobbin case intact. He said i will take $2.00. So I brought it home.
If I can't find a cord for it then I might decorate it with buttons like the one that was posted on here before.
No, no...it has to be sea shells or rhinestones! LOL
Old 08-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I was taking my DD to her Bf's house in the county when I drove by a yard sale at 65mph and and all I could see was a sewing machine and there was junk all over the place but at 65mph that is all I couldn't see any of the junk. So on my way back I stopped in the hopes that there would be other sewing stuff but no. I asked the gentleman what he wanted for the machine even tho there was not a cord. I looked it over and all the parts move and it has it's bobbin case intact. He said i will take $2.00. So I brought it home.
If I can't find a cord for it then I might decorate it with buttons like the one that was posted on here before.
But I am not a sea shell or rhinestone kind of gal.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I kind of figured you weren't....but the seashells on that one machine were just so over the top, I couldn't resist teasing you.... :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

I kind of figured you weren't....but the seashells on that one machine were just so over the top, I couldn't resist teasing you.... :-)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Oh, you'll find a cord no doubt, and it's such a great story!! (What kind of plug is it? We'all might have one like what you need...)
And I'm laughing over here at the image of the 65mph fly-by. I thought you were going to say the tires screeching could be heard over the next hill and the smoke was visible in Dallas!!
Haha!

Seriously, won't it be fun to get her all up and running, and make a mini sampler on her, and display them together?