Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My $4 thrift store find- A needed rescue..

WOW! What a great quilt! I certainly would have bought it also. The price you paid is a steal. Do you ever wonder about the maker or what they were going through in their lives when piecing a quilt? I do & wish fabric could talk. Except when it is me as the piecer. :D You don't want to hear some of my conversations with blocks. :D :D :D Happy that you rescued this beauty.

Blog Entries
    I just went to the thrift shops today and found two sample blocks 2.00 a piece. First time I ever saw a quilt when going consignment shopping...Woohoo...what a deal!!! - not as good as your deal...but wow...the work someone put into these!!! I was glad to give them a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I was at a local thrift store and found this beauty that needed to be rescued.. Its a poly but quite a beaut!!!

We all know the love and hard work that goes into each of our quilts -didnt have the heart to leave it, So I'm giving this one a new home..
    not sure what to do with this one but too nice to leave it at the store
    Name:  Attachment-96171.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  76.1 KB

nice addition to my coffee station
    Name:  Attachment-96173.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  69.4 KB

Blog Entries
    This is an awesome find. Our thift shops usually have junk or almost junk and the prices are really higher than you would think. This is a very pretty design. Hope you enjoy!

Nice rescue

Blog Entries
    This use to be my TV cabinet, with the TV's getting bigger and bigger I could no longer use it but could not part with it either. so now it holds my pots and pans, coffee maker, and bowls.
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I just went to the thrift shops today and found two sample blocks 2.00 a piece. First time I ever saw a quilt when going consignment shopping...Woohoo...what a deal!!! - not as good as your deal...but wow...the work someone put into these!!! I was glad to give them a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I was at a local thrift store and found this beauty that needed to be rescued.. Its a poly but quite a beaut!!!

We all know the love and hard work that goes into each of our quilts -didnt have the heart to leave it, So I'm giving this one a new home..

Lovely quilt...glad it gets to go to an appreciative new owner.

LOVE!! it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2