Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My 5 Most Recent Quilts >

My 5 Most Recent Quilts

My 5 Most Recent Quilts

Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jassinc6 View Post
Wonderful quilts! I especially like the chevron. What pattern did you use for it?
Thank you, I actually made up this pattern. I used 6" squares, making HST's, using at least 3 different fabrics for each color, (except black). I tried out sewing them vertically instead of horizontally and think I like it better. I wanted a striking effect. It's 65 x 75 lap quilt.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by debcavan View Post
Beautiful. Your quilting is awesome. I wish for you your own longarm someday.
Thanks Debcavan. My house is too small for a long arm, and hubby won't let me have the garage...
Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 AM

Well done - both on getting a handle on your UFO's and also on your beautiful quilts.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
all those quilts are great and each one really deserves its own topic. I love your use of color and fabric in the diamond quilt, it has a watercolor effect. Reminds me a lot of Kaffee Fassett stuff. So bright and tropical.
The Ginger Rose sampler is gorgeous. Could you elaborate on the quilting please? That feathered wreath in the big block of unpieced fabric is fabulous. Can you elaborate, was that a stencil or how your executed it? I see me using that in the future. It is awesome. I am so impressed you can accomplish quilting of that caliber doing rental time. It is near impossible to get the practice time in to do that when renting. Kudos! You are a natural!
The bubble quilting on the chevron is perfect. I've seen that done a few other places and it always plays nicely with chevrons. Was that done using a circle lord system, templates or is it Computer guided?
Please make sure you post the others once they are quilted. I am eager to see what you do with those.

Thank you for your kind words. The Diamonds quilt is made up of 26 different Kaffe Fasset fabrics, 1/2 yard cuts. We made quite a mess in the quilt shop, LOL. It measures 110 x 129, big enough for my CA King size bed. The Ginger Rose was a BOM, and it is the only quilt I sent out for Long Arm. The gal I use is really a special lady. You can pm me if you are interested in her info. The Chevron quilt is a bubble panto, and is the quilt I learned on. I am hooked! I should have given more information on each quilt. I haven't posted pics lately, so I thought I would do it all on one post, maybe not such a good idea.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
What a great quilt show you just put up! They are great - and that big block one will look wonderful when it's quilted and on a bed ... I can just see it ...
Thank you. That one has it's own story, too. I suggested this one block quilt idea to a blogger, and she wrote the pattern and asked me to test it. She will have the pattern for sale next month on Etsy, the name is Bright Sky. It was fun to do! This is one of my very favorite quilting blocks. Makes me want to make more! It was so easy.

Last edited by Girlfriend; 02-19-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by darlenedowns View Post
Well looking at all those beautiful quilting I could only imagine what you house looks like, hahahahah, you are hooked on quilts I might say you got it all together great job
The saying around my house from my husband is, "And what are you going to do with THIS one??" My response: "The same as the others!" LOL.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:33 AM

Such beautiful quilts it's hard to pick a favorite but for me I think it is the diamonds one. It reminds me of scenic view done in watercolors. It would look so fantastic hanging on a wall, a real focal point. Great work.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Oh Hon, they are all beautiful. Wonderful work. I can't pick a favorite. Sochi quilt? Lovely.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 AM

Wonderful quilts....your color/fabric choices are fabulous!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Love all your quilts and the quilting is great!