Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My attic windows >

My attic windows

My attic windows

Old 06-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
My Blocks are 6"by6" with 2"sashes. Altogether there are 154 Blocks. You see why it has taken so long. I would have to put it aside to make other quilts. This one is for myself. I will be so glad to get it finished. It is 11 blocks across and 14 long. WHEEEE!!! Doing it on a regular machine too. :D
BillsBonBon
What patience. It will pay off. I know it will be lovely.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by GailG
This is my first attempt to post a picture. I have no idea what I'm doing. Will try following the directions.

My question is how do I quilt this? I am a ditcher or cross-hatcher. I don't think stitching in the ditch is enough to hold it and I can't picture how the cross-hatching will work with the squares and rectangles.
GAIL!!!!
How are you?? I love the quilt!! I love the flowers in the window and Love the colors you choose for the window panes. Really pretty. Ok, since you don't want to attempt meandering quilting, which I also think would be nice, then how about making the quilting like divided window panes, 2 down and 2 across about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide each? The hardest thing would be the math to get them equal distances apart.
Now I know where you have been hiding, sly girl and you did not let on a bit. Here I thought you were busy making petite fores.
Nice work! You did great posting the picture too. See now that wasn't too hard right?? Now do the dance girl.
Penny
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM

Penny, you're too much. Thanks. I like the idea of the divided window. I like straight lines :wink: . Let see, the math can't be too bad. If the windows are 9 x 9, I can divide each block like a 9-patch, right? You're a genius.

All of you gals are geniuses. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM

Lovely quilt! How are you doing with the quilting? :lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Well, unfortunately I'm still procrastinating. The top and backing are still folded on the table and the batting is still loosely rolled.

Thanks, all for your help and encouragement. I now wish I could twitch my nose and zap some of you over here to get me started. :lol: I can dream, can't I????
Old 06-17-2009, 06:11 AM

I am a dreamer also. I get so much done at night, then wake up to the same old?.......
I have computer problems at work now, so...... :?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 AM

Love your quilt. What about stitching along some of the grass with green thread?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by Shemjo
Well, unfortunately I'm still procrastinating. The top and backing are still folded on the table and the batting is still loosely rolled.

Thanks, all for your help and encouragement. I now wish I could twitch my nose and zap some of you over here to get me started. :lol: I can dream, can't I????
UPDATE: Woohoo. I pinned that sucker to the carpet, realized the back (my back, that is) would not last that long, so I tacked the center of each block and a few other strategic places. Rolled it up then spread it on the bed. As soon as I can I will bring it to my mom's to spread out on her dining table (I can do half of it at a time that way.) to baste. Hope that works.

Now, I did all this floor stuff with a 5 year old wanting to help and a one-year old cross as a hornet because the room had been "barracaded" so he couldn't enter. He finally figured out how to crawl between the rungs of the chairs. Then someone had to sit and hold him until I finished. It was too hot to take him outdoors to play. He didn't want anything to do with all of his toys. He wanted to jump on that quilt. And you people think your cats are cute!!??!!!! :lol:

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I think I will go with Penny's idea of the windowpanes.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 PM

Gail, in the ditchlooks right for me tooVery pretty quilt, love attic windows
Old 06-19-2009, 04:48 AM

I saw something one time where someone drew a design on hard plastic sheets with a marker (washable) and "tried" it on the quilt without quilting actually. That way you could see if it would look good. If you are looking for quilting motifs (that seems to be the terminology that I had the most luck with)try the library or internet. Good luck Di