Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Binding Jar >

My Binding Jar

My Binding Jar

Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 AM

pittsburgpam, sewaholic and mic-pa~This is the exact reason that I had to start making my binding as soon as the top was finished!! I have used that fabric in another project more than once!!! Then I had to put them all somewhere together so that I could find them later!!

Originally Posted by luvmy2bts
That is a wonderful idea Marcia!! I think I may have to borrow that one. LOL Debbie
Feel free to borrow~the whole reason I posted it was to get those creative juices flowing~the sharing of ideas is what it is all about. :-)

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Currently I have 6 ready bindings waiting............I have more UFO's than that but that's another subject!!!
I have more UFOs than this too~this is just tops that are finished and waiting for quilting! If you saw my UFO stacks you would laugh!! I am not sure that there are enough days left in my life to finish them all!!

Originally Posted by Tiffany
My glass jars are all filled with threads I'm using for various applique projects. I just love those glass jars!
I would LOVE to see your jars of thread~that must be a color feast for the eyes!!

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
...seems having the binding there waiting patiently on me, says, "I will be a quilt, I will be a quilt...and soon. I will sit here patiently, waiting my turn, and loving me the way you do, you will not let me go to the orpanage of ufo's, just to be passed by, time and again, for newer, prettier fabrics..." :wink:
Your quilt tops are much nicer to you than mine are! Mine are saying things like "Hey, you call yourself a quilter? Then why aren't I quilted yet?"

Originally Posted by barnbum
I'm good about getting the binding sewed on--but doing the hand part? That's a different story... there are at least 4 projects hanging on chairs in the library waiting for the finishing touch. Dang--I hate that part! It requires sitting still for way too long. :roll:
Karla~that is my favorite part of doing a quilt (after shopping for fabric :lol: ) My heart just races with anticipation of being done and my needle flies. It feels SO good to be finished!!

Everyone~I buy my jars at Walmart in the housewares dept. This size sells for $5.00. The smaller one is $4.00. I have buttons, ribbons and flowers for scrapbooking in other jars. I love them.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Marcia, love your tag line,...Better finished than perfect.

I hope I am not the worst, and I know I am not the best. Think I'll laminate this one and put in sewing room. :wink:
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Oh, you show off! LOL! They look so pretty in the jar! And you are so smart to prepare the bindings. Mine are in an ugly zip lock bag!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 PM

I always make binding in advance also, but usually just stick in a drawer. Love the jar idea. It would look so decorative on a shelf while serving a purpose. Great idea. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Awesome Idea!!! I'll have to keep that one in mind when I get my sewing room!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

What a great idea. I'll need a bigger jar. LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

OMG

that jar would keep me up at night. i would see all those bindings in there and get all stressed out.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
OMG

that jar would keep me up at night. i would see all those bindings in there and get all stressed out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Awesome idea!!! :D :D :D
Old 06-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Ok ok this is just too cute for words! I love this idea, and I have a jar just like that one. Hummm .... I will pour those noodles into something else right now! 8)

Thanks hon ... great idea.