Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My blackbird quilt >

My blackbird quilt

My blackbird quilt

Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM

When we travel I am always on the lookout for the red-winged blackbirds in the marsh areas. You have done an incredible rendition of them!!! I sincerely hope that you will add the story of the quilt inspiration on a label with the quilt and put this one in a show. It is beautiful..
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
QM
Power Poster

You have made fine quilts here, all the better because of their meanings. I hope you put those meanings on the labels so they won't get lost.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

I loved viewing your quilts, and reading the stories about them. I am also one who loves a story with things like this, and even any simple thing in a home with a story to me is just so meaningful. The birds made me think of my dad who each evening watches his birds in his back yard, especially since my mom passed away in March of this year. He planted a bed of flowers just for her, and has his swing next to it to sit there, watch his birds, the squirrels, and talks to mom. The white dove took me to my mom's funeral, because there were doves on the main flowers from dad and us kids. I love your pink flowers, and pink was mom's favorite color. So your symbolism even brings memories to touch others. I also thought about mom's great grand daughters when you told about how many birds. Mom has 6 great grand daughter, and loved them all, but 4 of them lived right by her, and became like her own children, and they knew it too. Thank you for sharing all this with us, and it sure was a blessing to me. I am a new quilter also, and though my mom quilted all her life, and sewed clothes for all of us when we were little, and not so little, I didn't start quilting until I became sick, had to retire from teaching early at the age of 57. Yes, please show us more of your art as you continue on.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:29 PM

What beautiful quilts and so meaningful. Good memories. great job. Sue
Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM

Wow what a beautiful flock of red-winged blackbirds! You did a wonderful job.

Kat