Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My brother's quilt is DONE!! >

My brother's quilt is DONE!!

My brother's quilt is DONE!!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM

This beautiful!!!, what pattern is this?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 PM

The pattern is called 4 Square Fun. It was VERY easy and quick to put together. It's just large squares alternating with smaller framed squares.

http://www.sweettreasuresquiltpatter...terns/C20/#p34
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Oh wow! I love the colors!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:55 AM

Love it - love the colors! Lucky, lucky brother!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
k3n
Power Poster

It turned out beautiful Pam - please let us know your brother's reation. I love the idea of the history on the label.

K x
Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

Pam,

I had no idea you were going though such a hard time in your life. Bless your heart. It sounds as though you are all supporting each other, and that is great.

I love the story behind this quilt. You did a great job all the way around on it. Let us know what his reaction is. He is going to be floored that you put so much thought and time into something for him.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Izy

Pam you are certainly putting your new quilting frame to good use, did you find it ALOT quicker?

It is such a masculine quilt, your brother will be so pleased with it :D
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Pam,

I had no idea you were going though such a hard time in your life. Bless your heart. It sounds as though you are all supporting each other, and that is great.

I love the story behind this quilt. You did a great job all the way around on it. Let us know what his reaction is. He is going to be floored that you put so much thought and time into something for him.
Brought tears to my eyes to read that. My father passed away fairly suddenly on December 29th from an abdominal aneurism. My mother died 9 years ago. I got to the hospital right before he died and held him and kissed him and told him I loved him.

I am grateful that he came to my house for Christmas and all my kids and grandkids were there. I have a picture of him smiling with the two grandkids on his lap. I know he missed my mother so much, they were married for 50 years. He was still living in the house we all grew up in but his eye sight was going and he couldn't drive anymore. He refused surgery that had a 50/50 chance of repairing the aneurism. I know it was his choice but it hurts so bad still.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 AM

I am sorry for your loss.
It speaks to how much we value life that no matter what else is going on, we never want to say, "Good bye" ...
After my father died, when I would think about him, I would begin being angry at myself for the times I had let him down or hadn't done as good a job for him as I should have. I had regrets ... for all of the wonderful memories I had of my father, I would think of him and cry because of regrets.
One day, it came to me. My memories were not about castigating myself for being more human than most people have a right to be .... God allowed my memories so I could celebrate the life Dad had lived and how my life had been blessed because of his being in it.
By reaching out to your brother in ways you are most talented to do, you are actually being the person your dad and mom raised you to be, and that is a BIG compliment to them - - it doesn't get any better for a parent than this: That our children believe in the family we taught them to love and desire to be the family we always dreamed we would have.
Congratulations!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Your post reminds me of something I read just last night on a link to Japanese Embroidery someone posted.

Hands are the exit of spirit
When the spirit flows from the hands, it is called "labor." From nothing, the hands start to create wonderful works of art. The hands are the exit of the spirit. The movement of the hands embodies human longings and human beings are formed by the work of the hands. The hands create forms that never existed before, and this art of creation is uniquely human. That is, human hands carve an image of the individual out of vacant space. Humans recognize the level of their own spirit by looking at what they have created with their hands. That is, the hands enable the spirit to emerge as works of art, and it will reflect what is in your heart. As a result, what is in your heart shows in your work, and the hands will reflect what level you are, sometimes joyfully, sometimes sadly.

http://www.japaneseembroidery.com/Ab...%20of%20spirit