Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My crumb/crazy quilt is finished - and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Izy, that is wonderful! I couldn't imagine your sister not liking it and was in two minds about my hopes for you. I wanted her to not like it so you could keep it, but what a bummer if someone doesn't like what you do, especially for them or their kid, and even if you're doing it just 'cuz you like it!

Izy
    Celeste...I know where you are coming from...but thank god she does like it...and hopefully Kaden will learn to love it as he grows up!!

Only time will tell, but as many of you have commented, make them, give them away, and accept that it now belongs to someone else, and it is up to them to treat it whichever way they choose... :D

Fabulous Izy! I just love the way it turned out! Your great nephew is a very lucky boy! :D

I love it Izy.......as soon as I can get back into my quilting I must have a go at one like it....it's so bright and cheerful!! I've probably got enough charity shop stuff to make 2 or 3! lol!

Karen

Izy
    Hey Karenmay glad to hear from you, how are you??
    :D

I managed to find a few items of clothing in our only charity shop, 3 dresses, long ones so plenty of material M&S too, 100% cotton....did I do good???? lol!!! :D :D

You sure did Izy....I'm proud of you!!....lol!
    I'm feeling much better although the shoulder is still giving me some gip. I cant sew for very long at a time but I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so Ive at least come up with a way of KNITTING quite comfortably! I prop up my right arm on 4 cushions, and they carry the weight of my arm.......so far ive knitted myself a cardigan and Ive just started a little jacket for my yet-to-be-born great grandaughter!!
    Luckily I'd already made her a couple of quilts when she was just a tadpole!

Karen xx

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Awesome job! Isn't it a great feeling?

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenmay
    You sure did Izy....I'm proud of you!!....lol!
    I'm feeling much better although the shoulder is still giving me some gip. I cant sew for very long at a time but I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so Ive at least come up with a way of KNITTING quite comfortably! I prop up my right arm on 4 cushions, and they carry the weight of my arm.......so far ive knitted myself a cardigan and Ive just started a little jacket for my yet-to-be-born great grandaughter!!
    Luckily I'd already made her a couple of quilts when she was just a tadpole!

Karen xx
    Karen - I am glad that you are on the mend...sort of!! At least you have managed to overcome the restricitons and found some way to be creative...I can't imagine what I used to do with my time before I took up quilting....ooooohhhhh yes I do..I used to have a very clean and tidy house, and a huge garden without a weed in sight..Ohhh and my plants never lacked water or attention..... :? :? :roll: :lol:

:D A great job! I love it too! The sashing is a great print to set off the blocks. I am truly inspired!
    judee

Blog Entries
    it is so bright. Love the color. You did a good job

That is way cute!!! You did a beautiful job!! Your little nephew is just gonna love it!!

Beautiful quilt. I love the cat fabric you used.

Your quilt is the perfect size. He'll be using it until it falls apart. I can see him learning to walk, dragging it behind him. You'll have to replace the binding several times before it finally wears out!!!

Linda

That is way too cute. you should send it my way so I can look at it in person to see if it is as nice as the pictures show.

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Izy, it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your colors - so vibrant and rich. Also thanks, again for the tutorial!!! Dorothy of KS

Love the Crum Quilt, Izy. The pattern is similar to the crazy quilts I make, but yours is prettier because you used only bright colors. I have to use whatever I have, be it light, dark, pastel, flowers, checks, stripes, or whatever. I don't blame you for wanting to keep the quilt. A lot of work went into it.

That turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I've gotten a few crumb blocks done since you posted your tutorial, but not done anything with them yet...

Its gorgeous....such nice colors....It will cheer up every room and every soul in the room....Great job.... :D

What a great job you did. It's so colorful. I'm sure he'll love it. That looks complicated to me.

Crazy quilt blocks are not complicated, however I have known at least one person who just could not grasp the concept. An other, who has to make everything perfect, actually used a pattern. That defeats the purpose of using up small scraps. Betty

Blog Entries
    I love it! So bright and cheery, it will be Kadens favorite snuggly :D :D :D

Banned
    He's gonna love it. I like that is real bright & colorful. GREAT JOB!

Izy
    Thanks for your compliments guys!! :D

I have just started another one for my sons girlfriend who fell in love with this one!! :D I have done 18 blocks upto now, it sure is quick to make!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

beautiful job Izy!!! your little great nephew will be soo snuggling cozy underneath it!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Thanks for your compliments guys!! :D

I have just started another one for my sons girlfriend who fell in love with this one!! :D I have done 18 blocks upto now, it sure is quick to make!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Feel free to make the next one for me Izy. :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast