Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

WOW.... I am in awe of your quilt!!! You are so creative and talented!!! Your use of color has made this quilt stunning :D:D:D Thank you so much for sharing this journey will all of us, and for the opportunity to purchase the pattern for this beauty!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Joe

Absolutely beautiful I added a bargello to my to do list (which keeps getting longer LOL) Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Love the colors!
Excited to see the finished project :)
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Marilyn,
how is that beautiful bargello coming along?
Marilyn
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Goodie, add me to the list of buyers !!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM

What an accomplishment!!! You are a true artist!! Thank you for sharing this with us... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
Old 04-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Hi everybody! Here is the latest information on "Swish!", my Bargello. I took her to Tom's last Thursday as you may have already read on here. Well, Tom has a 6 to 8 week waiting period on his quilting. Usually! Tom told me that he'd have Swish for me by tomorrow, Friday! But.....

Tom called me yesterday morning and told me that Swish was done! I'd only dropped her off 6 days ago! He got her done early! So, I flew over to Tom's to get her. I'm telling you! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! When I got there the quilting club was there, sewing and visiting like they usually do on Wed's. They asked how I was and I told them great and that I was there to pick up my Bargello that I'd had Tom quilt. They all said that they had seen it and it was gorgeous. Tom had it displayed in the front window of his quilting store! I hadn't even paid attention I was in such a hurry to get in there and see it.

Then, Tom told me that he'd had it done on Monday! But...
Since the quilting club comes on Wed's, and I wasn't expecting it until Friday, he didn't call. He said he wanted the quilting club to be able to see it too, before I took it home. So, I have her back and it is awesome looking! Tom quilted her with stippling, which I adore anyways! He did an excellent job on it!

Now I have to make my pattern that all of you are messaging and PMing about! (And I sincerely thank you for that!) Hopefully it won't take me too long to do! I now have a couple of Bargello patterns, so I can see how they make those patterns. Mainly, I have to try to figure out how much material you need in each color. I just used pieces, not measured, so I don't know the exact amounts.

Then too, I also need to do the binding on it. I am just going to do a black binding around it. I think that is all it will need. Then, when I am done making the pattern and sewing the binding on, I plan on putting it on here, the QB, and trying to sell her! So, if you are interested, keep watching. I would imagine it would be, maybe a couple of weeks??

So, here are a few pictures I took of the stippling. The backing goes perfect with the bargello! Thanks for looking!
I'll get the pattern done as soon as possible.
Marilyn

Some of the Stippling on my quilted bargello! 4-21-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38179[/ATTACH]

More of the Stippling! 4-21-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38180[/ATTACH]

The backing with the Stippling! Isn't the backing beautiful? 4-21-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38181[/ATTACH]

A close up of the stippling with bad color to the picture! 4-21-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40762[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38179.jpe   attachment-38180.jpe   attachment-38181.jpe   attachment-40762.jpe  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:00 PM

absolutely beautiful....I hope you enter it in a contest in the near future. I think your work is spectacular. Congrats.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SharonC
absolutely beautiful....I hope you enter it in a contest in the near future. I think your work is spectacular. Congrats.
Thank you so much Sharon! I don't think there are any quilt contests in this area. None that I've ever seen, not close anyways. Thank you again!

Marilyn
Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
What an accomplishment!!! You are a true artist!! Thank you for sharing this with us... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
Thank you very much Ditter! It was my pleasure!

Marilyn