Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My FAVORITE House Blocks!  Let's See Yours!! >

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I am sorry to say that I did not. Can't remember what got in my way, but on our farm many things come up.

I will have to look it up and try it. We both were looking forward to eating it. :-D :-D
No wonder -- all those blueberries you had I can understand why the pie didn't get in first place! haha.

:-D :-D
Oh, my hubby does like his blueberries, big time! Just made a simple strawberry jello with our garden fresh strawberries.

They are continuous bearing so we have them through most of the summer. :lol:
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by lallyann
oh I want that last quilt!! Did you use a pattern for it? It looks so summery and tropical!
All of your houses are so neat! The little bird houses are cute too. Thanks for sharing! Lots of inspiration!!!
Hi lallyann! I did not do that last quilt with the tropical scene of palm trees, cabanas and beach houses. It was done by a blogger who has copyrighted the pattern. Anyone who copyrights a pattern is very unlikely to want to give her pattern out. These were not all done by me. These are primarily my favorite photos of quilts done by others for inspiration purposes. I will be making my version of this quilt doing my own patterns at the request of a few people and will post those patterns on this thread for all to enjoy. I'll send you a PM so you don't miss the post. Thanks for your nice compliments of my house collection photos of favorite house blocks!
ME too, please! Thank you in advance...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by lallyann
oh I want that last quilt!! Did you use a pattern for it? It looks so summery and tropical!
All of your houses are so neat! The little bird houses are cute too. Thanks for sharing! Lots of inspiration!!!
Hi lallyann! I did not do that last quilt with the tropical scene of palm trees, cabanas and beach houses. It was done by a blogger who has copyrighted the pattern. Anyone who copyrights a pattern is very unlikely to want to give her pattern out. These were not all done by me. These are primarily my favorite photos of quilts done by others for inspiration purposes. I will be making my version of this quilt doing my own patterns at the request of a few people and will post those patterns on this thread for all to enjoy. I'll send you a PM so you don't miss the post. Thanks for your nice compliments of my house collection photos of favorite house blocks!
ME too, please! Thank you in advance...
Am working on a tutorial right now and am almost finished! I can start tomorrow on this project!! Yay!!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 PM

I am sorry to say that I did not. Can't remember what got in my way, but on our farm many things come up.

I will have to look it up and try it. We both were looking forward to eating it. :-D :-D
No wonder -- all those blueberries you had I can understand why the pie didn't get in first place! haha.

Oh, my hubby does like his blueberries, big time! Just made a simple strawberry jello with our garden fresh strawberries.

Oh, WOW, Linda!! Yum. I sure miss the strawberry patch we always had. Guess I'll have to get busy with all those seeds I've collected and love to look at but it's no good still in the pkg.!! Are the cont. bearing strawberries Ozarks? Last year I planted upside down tomatoes -- couldn't wait! Finally, in November, I had 2 on the stalk!! haha. And they grew upright in the upside down planter. Actually they were placed upside down coming out of the hole of the bottom of the planter but the sun drew them back upright!! I was one of the lucky ones who had tomatoes because there was blight everywhere else. My two tomatoes froze but it was fun watching it grow. lol. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Oh, WOW, Linda!! Yum. I sure miss the strawberry patch we always had. Guess I'll have to get busy with all those seeds I've collected and love to look at but it's no good still in the pkg.!! Are the cont. bearing strawberries Ozarks? Last year I planted upside down tomatoes -- couldn't wait! Finally, in November, I had 2 on the stalk!! haha. And they grew upright in the upside down planter. Actually they were placed upside down coming out of the hole of the bottom of the planter but the sun drew them back upright!! I was one of the lucky ones who had tomatoes because there was blight everywhere else. My two tomatoes froze but it was fun watching it grow. lol. :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Sorry, we don't know the name of them. When we were looking at this farm to purchase the Mrs. of the home left a large bowl of them on the center counter for us to enjoy. And, we have been enjoying them ever since. The patch is about 12 x 12 solid strawberries. My DH has red knees when he gets up from picking. The aroma of them is out of this world when you stand next to them.

Sounds like you had quite a time with your tomatoes last year. Maybe I will take a pic of our berry dessert when company comes in a few minutes and then post it.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Oh, WOW, Linda!! Yum. I sure miss the strawberry patch we always had. Guess I'll have to get busy with all those seeds I've collected and love to look at but it's no good still in the pkg.!! Are the cont. bearing strawberries Ozarks? Last year I planted upside down tomatoes -- couldn't wait! Finally, in November, I had 2 on the stalk!! haha. And they grew upright in the upside down planter. Actually they were placed upside down coming out of the hole of the bottom of the planter but the sun drew them back upright!! I was one of the lucky ones who had tomatoes because there was blight everywhere else. My two tomatoes froze but it was fun watching it grow. lol. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry, we don't know the name of them. When we were looking at this farm to purchase the Mrs. of the home left a large bowl of them on the center counter for us to enjoy. And, we have been enjoying them ever since. The patch is about 12 x 12 solid strawberries. My DH has red knees when he gets up from picking. The aroma of them is out of this world when you stand next to them.

Sounds like you had quite a time with your tomatoes last year. Maybe I will take a pic of our berry dessert when company comes in a few minutes and then post it.[/quote]

That sounds great! We would love a pic!!

I can imagine the aroma. I was sitting by my geraniums tonight and the aroma is out of this world!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:57 PM

The tropical quilt of cabanas and Maui Beach Houses has palm trees too. I made 2 patterns for you today of palms that you can applique in an upright position or leaning as I drew one of them. Increase or decrease the size to suit. One is at 5.5" and one is at 6". Next I'll do the cabanas. :-D

Palm #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86810[/ATTACH]

Palm #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86811[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86805.jpe   attachment-86806.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Here is the cabana: :D ;) ;) Next I'll be doing the beach houses. :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86812.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 PM

One more pattern:

Beach House #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86832[/ATTACH]