Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My first Disappearing 9 patch >

My first Disappearing 9 patch

My first Disappearing 9 patch

Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Well, I woke up this morning and decided I had to fix those darn corners after all. SO.... here is the "final" finished top.

Does anyone even notice the difference? I do, and I like it much better. (Sometimes the small things make a big difference!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49100.jpe  
Old 02-22-2008, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
OH! Well there you go... I read in the early postings that the blocks would all be the same but they are NOT all the same... made from the same fabrics but not the same arrangement of fabrics in every 9 patch... am I right?

I love figuring out patterns . It isn't always easy to get books here in Newfoundland and by the time I ordered it and had it come I'd probably have my mind changed!

Lori
Mamagus... remember in a past post I told you about my student Mary Browne. She can order almost anything!!! When you come to St. John's the summer, lets meet up and I can introduce you to her. I'm sure she will help you out anyway she can to help you find what you are looking for! I have her phone number too... so if you are looking for something now, private message me and I'll give you her number. I"m always sending business her way. She is ordering me a copy of EQ6 right now. I can't WAIT to get my little hands on it...

Also try out eBay.. I'm an eBay junkie and have found some great quilting stuff there!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by in2stitchin
Yes, each and every 9-patch block IS the same and when cut, the patches are swapped exactly the same. Here is the link to explain it.

http://www.myquiltblog.com/nancyrose/4624/

cnolan, your quilt top is going to be absolutely beautimus!

Also a pic of one I did that might help explain it *s*
in2stitchin!! I LOVE that quilt!!!! It looks like your squares are floating!!! I would love to make this block into a quilt.. this could make for a great quilt class!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 AM

The "new" corners look beautiful. :D :D What a pretty finish! Thanks for letting us peak along the way. Now make something else! :-o
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 AM

I love everything about this quilt, the colors everything. You have done a great job. All I can say is beautiful!!! :thumbup:

Do you think I can use a 5 inch block to make this quilt? How many 9" blocks do I need to make? It doesn't really say in the link.
Any advice you can give me would be great!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM

I don't see why 5" blocks would not work. I used 6" blocks. The number of blocks required depends entirely on how big you want the quilt to be.

Have fun, and be sure to show us your work! :lol: :wink: :)
Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 PM

I love it! And although it was added work, I liked the changes you made to the cornerstones. I think it's purrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

:-)
Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 AM

cnolan, at first I did not understand what the corner problem was, but after studying the two pictures, I see what you mean, you wanted the colors to be opposite each other.

Either way is nice, but I'm glad you fixed it so you'd be happy! I know I'd probably grind my teeth every time I saw it if I knew it wouldn't have been so rough to fix.