Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My latest excitement at the Fair .... >

My latest excitement at the Fair ....

My latest excitement at the Fair ....

Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

​Congratulations on all your red ribbons!! Great entries!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Dear QuiltE

great quilts and great workwomanship! Congratulations on all of them and last but not least: what a great friend you are!
Hugs
Granny
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM

WOW!!! Congratulations!! You deserve it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ruthrings View Post
Congratulations. You deserved all the ribbons!
Same here!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM

Wow, spectacular job on all of them QuiltE. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Glad all your fair "stuff" is over so you can get back into sewing again. Hugs!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Way ta go QE!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Wonderful cap to a Quilt Show season! Looks like Dairy Goodness was made ready for another exhibition! Congrats. G

Yes
OKSGlad ... it's been around!! ... I did show it at both of the September Fairs and both times it placed 2nd. I used a different runner for the Butter Display at the 2nd, so it could be shown.

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
For those that don't enter, consider doing so when you have the opportunity. The ribbons are second to seeing your work hanging for you to admire. Often times I see it so much better and surprise myself at how good it does look!!!
This is so true. I have not entered any fairs. My local fairs don't display them in full but I have entered local quilt shows and I couldn't agree more. Seeing your work hanging in a setting where you can take it all in at once, to a degree you can't really do at home, is such a thrill. And it does make you take off those shackles of self criticism. I am much less critical of my own work since showing. To me it is 90% of the fun to just see it hanging amongst it's peers so to speak. Yes winning a ribbon is a huge thrill too but to me it is just so much extra icing.

Congratulations on your wins and thank you for your encouraging words to those quilters who are still dragged down by the chains of self doubt and criticism. I think they will feel much better without them. It is freeing to quit judging yourself unworthy.
FFanatic ... even though your Fair does not hang the quilts, please enter next time round! It;s still pretty exciting to see yours snuggled in next to the others. And good for you for entering in your shows. Your final comment is "so" true ... it's important to come out of the self-imposed "quilter's closet" and show what one can do!

Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH View Post
Wonderful, wonderful quilts, and congradulations. I am guessing Canadian Thanksgiving is not at the same time of USA Thanksgiving. Had never thought of it before. So you have started your holiday season. Do you decorate and if so how, (pilgrams and Indians?)

Thank you,
OPeach ... Yes, Canadian Thanksgiving is the 2nd weekend of October. It's pretty much a stand alone holiday, in that we don't "start" Christmas with it! Many families gather for Thanksgiving and turkey dinners over the weekend. Monday is always a Stat holiday. Some decorate with a fall theme ... pumpkins, corn cobs/stalks, leaves, scarecrows, turkeys, etc. Pretty much the same as you! And yes, pilgrims and Indians show up in decorations too.

Originally Posted by granny_59 View Post
Dear QuiltE
great quilts and great workwomanship! Congratulations on all of them and last but not least: what a great friend you are! Hugs Granny
Remember Granny_59 ... you get what you give ... and you've given me SO much!
You truly ARE amazing!
Signed, your rotten, lousy, sneaky ... and humbled friend!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:20 PM

QuiltE what a wonderful accolade for you, and you deserve it all. What a privilege to have "sewn" with you on your FWS. Your workmanship is amazing.... Hugs from across the ocean
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE what a wonderful accolade for you, and you deserve it all. What a privilege to have "sewn" with you on your FWS. Your workmanship is amazing.... Hugs from across the ocean
Oh MiraB ... Thank you!!! I have such special memories of doing the FWS with everyone ... well I guess I should say, following everyone!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 AM

Love your Monty