Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue >

My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue

My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue

Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Are you entering a contest? That is quite mad.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by tutt View Post
LOVE, Love, love it!! I think the people posting negative remarks have drank the media "kool aid". I think every TV show my brother made me watch in the 50's had someone killed and neither one of us grew up to be evil killers. The Rifleman alone killed on average 1.46 person per episode. I feel confident that killing off Sue will not result in mayhem and muder. Enjoy and have fun, it's sure fun for us to watch!
Agreed.****
Old 03-06-2013, 04:12 PM

OMG!! Too Funny! And Twisted! I like it!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Oh my goodness!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.
We had such a creature (the hippelkratz) in the basement in the furnace room. It only came out during Christmas. (YES, I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO) In reality, it was my grandpa scraping at the heater vent but when you are little and you have an imagination........
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
We had such a creature (the hippelkratz) in the basement in the furnace room. It only came out during Christmas. (YES, I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO) In reality, it was my grandpa scraping at the heater vent but when you are little and you have an imagination........
my son used to freak out about the basement. One day I got him down there - he was trembling something awful. He pointed to the furnace and with wild fear filled eyes said 'meter man, meter man...' He was 2 or 3. One day a month the gas meter reader would go door to door and yell 'meter man' I hope he is over it by now it's been at least 35 years.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
Good for a smile and a chuckle! I'd love to be a fly on a wall in about 100 years when someone pulls this quilt out to look at it! ROFL
Can you imagine? Imagine if it shows up in a quilt show as an antique quilt? Would love to be there when that happens!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Oh, so you are helping by giving me more ideas? lol

I actually have some more ideas. The shower scene in Psycho came to mind this morning. And then I want to put her in a rough play scene with Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, Strawberry Shortcake and the Sock Monkey where they have SBS by the limbs and are tearing her apart. I have no idea where these thoughts are coming from. I'm really not a violent person. hehe
You go girl!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I love these blocks I hate the ones which are so .....pretty.
How about on the rack to stretch her or hung drawn. And quarter her as the nobles in England had done to them. They only died on the quartering after so long.
The horrible histories are full of these stories which children love .keep going.
Ooooh! She could be drawn and "fat quartered". And how about Sue walking the plank? Or keel-hauled to keep to a maritime theme. Sorry, getting carried away here....