Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New Fabric

Maybe you quilters in the DFW area already know about this fabric shop, but I just found it today. It is Fabric Fanatics and is in Plano, TX. All batiks and a few blenders. They even have the wide batiks for backing. It is off the beaten path, but not hard to find if one follows directions.

Their batiks are $8.50 per yard, but may have to go up before long. There were many bolts on sale for $6.50 per yard. Do I need to say I spent lots of money? I have been wanting to build a stash of batiks and between this store and Hancock's of Paducah's sale this month, I'm well on my way. I had a hard time selecting which I wanted. More eyecandy batiks than I have ever seen in one place.

I stopped there this morning and then went on to Arlington to conduct some business then home again. Well US 75 was a mess around 2:30 so I took Greenville Ave and decided it was fate. I dropped in at that store again and spent even more money. Here's a link to their website. http://www.fabricfanatics.com/scripts/quiltshop.asp

I have five or six pics to post, so be patient. I also am posting pics of fabric I got in McKinney at the Quilt Asylum. I really did not intend to buy any fabric today.

Now I'm going to go pet my new fabric!

That multicolored fabric in the middle of the first pic is what I went back to get. I saw it on my way out of the store the first time, but needed to get on the road to Arlington. It called me back and enabled me to buy more.

Fabric Fanatics haul
    Name:  Attachment-177564.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  57.9 KB

More from Fabric Fanatics
    Name:  Attachment-177579.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  63.6 KB

More from Fabric Fanatics (top one is a gradient, all one piece)
    Name:  Attachment-177580.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  39.7 KB

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Those are gorgeous!!
    I think that store has the perfect name lol

My Tonga Treats from The Quilt Asylum in McKinney. These came in rolls of 40 pieces of 10x10 fabric. Perfect for appliques or you name it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hmmmmmm. If I get on the road soon I could be their before they open in the morning. Better yet I need to check out their web-site:)

Wow! Great fabrics! :)

And from Hancock's of Paducah.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have some beautiful stuff there, have fun.

You have some beautiful stuff there, have fun.

That brick batik is great, and the center batik in the first photo is fabulous....lucky you!

love the yellow "brick road"

Beautiful fabrics!

They are stunning...I am learning so much from you all about stash building, just by watching what you purchase.

Awesome fabrics, and variety of colors - happy quilting!

Gorgeous batiks!

WOW what a great buy. Can I go next trip?

looks like you had a good shopping trip. nice fabrics! :thumbup:

Nice!
    Don't you just love buying new fabric?
    Now, whatcha gonna make for me? lol

Where in Plano is it?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltykitty
    Maybe you quilters in the DFW area already know about this fabric shop, but I just found it today. It is Fabric Fanatics and is in Plano, TX. All batiks and a few blenders. They even have the wide batiks for backing. It is off the beaten path, but not hard to find if one follows directions.

Their batiks are $8.50 per yard, but may have to go up before long. There were many bolts on sale for $6.50 per yard. Do I need to say I spent lots of money? I have been wanting to build a stash of batiks and between this store and Hancock's of Paducah's sale this month, I'm well on my way. I had a hard time selecting which I wanted. More eyecandy batiks than I have ever seen in one place.

I stopped there this morning and then went on to Arlington to conduct some business then home again. Well US 75 was a mess around 2:30 so I took Greenville Ave and decided it was fate. I dropped in at that store again and spent even more money. Here's a link to their website. http://www.fabricfanatics.com/scripts/quiltshop.asp

I have five or six pics to post, so be patient. I also am posting pics of fabric I got in McKinney at the Quilt Asylum. I really did not intend to buy any fabric today.

That multicolored fabric in the middle of the first pic is what I went back to get. I saw it on my way out of the store the first time, but needed to get on the road to Arlington. It called me back and enabled me to buy more.

Now that is one great road trip. Nice fabrics to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921
    Where in Plano is it?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltykitty

Directions are on website http://www.fabricfanatics.com/information1.aspx
    The directions from Southbound US75 are the easiest to follow

These fabrics are wonderful! I would have had a really, really hard time choosing. Since I have a very small stash, I was wondering, when you happen upon a store like this and basically love it all, how do you know how much of each fabric to buy?

Awesome!!

Blog Entries
    Wow kitty!!! Those are some beauties!!! I wanna go shopping with you next trip!!

Very exciting purchases. Now I need to visit my son in FW and get him to take me to this shop. I go crazy over batiks.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boyz
    These fabrics are wonderful! I would have had a really, really hard time choosing. Since I have a very small stash, I was wondering, when you happen upon a store like this and basically love it all, how do you know how much of each fabric to buy?
    I usually think how I will use it. If for sashing or binding, I buy yardage. If I really like the fabric, I buy at least three yards. If I like the color, maybe a fat quarter. Most of the time I buy 1/2 yard pieces. I try to think of what is in my stash and what colors I need to add. If it is something I want to use for borders or backing, I make sure I buy plenty. But, I think I'm going to use wide fabric for my backings from now on. It is so much easier. No seams to sew. I still have about a dozen pieces of fabric I bought just for backing, so I need to use them first.

That store had a quilt top on the wall that looked like it could have been made with scraps. But, it wasn't. Beautiful quilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast