Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My new present!!! >

My new present!!!

My new present!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM

Nice Mom is she looking to adopt because I am available lol
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Don't have any pointers for the machine, but I LOVE the pointers in your avatar!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM

The Internet is a beautiful thing, and I am sure you can find a wealth of resources for learning to use your machine... I love You tube, also, just a quick google of babylock esante how to use produced the following results:
http://www.babylock.com/sewing/
Click on the link for "Online Classes"
I would also talk to the nearest sewing shop to see if they know of someone to help you out.
Then, just try it out and experiment,
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Congrats! You will absolutely love this machine!!!

I've had my Esante for 3 years now and it's only been in the shop this year for cleaning. Yeah, I got yelled at (nicely though) about waiting so long.

It's a very easy machine to learn and has some tricks I didn't know about until I had it a while.

One really nice feature is there is a "lockout" at the top so if you have a stitch set up and little hands around, they can't accidentally change your stitch.

Any questions you have, just PM me and I'll help however I can. I LOVE my Babylock and the Esante is a great machine!!!

Have Fun!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
How exciting! I have an Esante and I love mine. I've had it for almost 10 years now, I think. It doesn't look like that one but I bet they work the same. Play around with the stitches, read the manual, and just try lots of things. I find that making a sample of many of the stitches on a large scrap of fabric is helpful as a future reference. (Mine also has an embroidery feature, with attachments and hoops, but I confess I have never used them. One day I will explore them too.)
The Esante has 2 versions. Mine is the BLN - not sure what the differences are. The reference guide is pretty much all I used but when I got stuck, I could call my retailer and they helped me over the phone. The embroidery portion takes a little getting used to (this is my first embroidery machine) but I do pretty good on it now. It's pretty simple as long as you read the manual.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by lovedquilts
I loved my Esante. I since traded her in for the Ellisimo. Babylock machines are very user friendly.
Now I'm jealous LOL

I would love to get the "cadillac" but not yet in the budget. That is one AMAZING machine! And I agree -- Babylock's are very easy to use.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
I have the quick reference quide and plan on looking at that this weekend. I know it will be super easy once I start practicing! My mom is awesome! So surprised! :-)
You can download the manual.

http://www.babylock.com/sewing/esante/
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM

I had and older Esante which I owned for 12 yrs., it was a wonderful machine and the embroidery stitch was beautiful. I traded it in for the Ellegante, which I also love. You will have many wonderful hours of sewing on your machine.

That was so sweet of your Mother, to give you her machine. Happy sewing, and may I add, the Esante is user friendly. Have fun.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 PM

i have one !!!! first one was a lemon always in the shop but after some fussing i got a new one. all's well now. do you know it sew's sideways, backwards and diagonally ?? just hit every button you can find
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM

she is a beauty. congrats.