Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My quilt is getting smaller!! >

My quilt is getting smaller!!

My quilt is getting smaller!!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 AM

looks great your son will love it because you made it and when hes older he'll love it even more. So finish it and let your son have a hug from your heart to sleep under every night.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Originally Posted by oma66
Nothing is perfect and if you are looking for P E R F E C T you will kill yourself trying to acheive it. We are all trying for perfection, and that is not the same thing as PERFECT. I say let it go, put on the third border and stand back and admire your first quilt. Your son is not going to be looking for imperfections, he is going to be loving the quilt his mom made for him. Isn't that what is most important? The quilt is wonderful and the colors are great...you have done a beautiful job on the quilt.
Well said. Totally agree.
ITotally agree also! I think you did a great job for your first quilt!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 AM

I can't tell anything is wrong with it. I like it and think you have done a great job. Your son will love it and be none the wiser. It was made with love-he'll love it. :)
Old 01-13-2011, 04:53 AM

It is really not as noticeable as you think! The quilt is adorable and your son will love it!! Just a suggestion, I would not fold the quilt when you square up in the future. Happy Quilting!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Looks good to me
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 AM

I think it looks great, and so will your son.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare
It is not that noticeable. Finish it the way it is. Then you will be free to start on something new. One of the instructors of a class I took, said she puts at least one mistake into every quilt to make it personal. Then she does not tell anyone what that mistake is. Usually no one notices.
Looks good to me--and I bet it will to you in a day or two! It is amazing how our "mistakes" seem to just disappear "overnight". We are always our own worst critics.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 AM

I think it looks great!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by ssnare
It is not that noticeable. Finish it the way it is. Then you will be free to start on something new. One of the instructors of a class I took, said she puts at least one mistake into every quilt to make it personal. Then she does not tell anyone what that mistake is. Usually no one notices.
I read that the Amish do this on purpose because God is the only perfect one. Anybody else hear this?
Yes, in fact I love reading quilt history and it was not only the Amish who did that.
This was a tradition by lots (most?) quilters in the 1800's and early 1900's. Even the best, most experienced quilters would put a mistake----usually a pretty obvious one----in their tops because only God is perfect. Somewhere I have a picture of a beautiful quilt that's about from 1870 or so---it's bunches of grapes, perfectly appliqued on blocks with some green stems and leaves, and all of the bunches are the same deep blue-purple except that ONE grape is bright red.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 AM

Looks great to me - just finish it up. I have a sign in my sewing room that reads "Remember only God is perfect, our quilts don't need to be."