Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My quilt is getting smaller!! >

My quilt is getting smaller!!

My quilt is getting smaller!!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 AM

I think you are the only one that will notice when the quilt is finished. Little variances just make it more lovable.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 AM

My first quilt teacher said that she always has a "zinger" in her quilts. No one else would be able to tell where it is but she knows. I've had a few "zingers" but not on purpose and no one has noticed.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 AM

I scrolled up and down looking for the glaring error you were telling us about :) Finally, when I went down to the 2nd pic, I saw what you were stressing about (only because I was looking for it) and your husband's right, it's not bad. Your son will love this quilt!!! I think you did a great job :thumbup:
Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by ssnare
It is not that noticeable. Finish it the way it is. Then you will be free to start on something new. One of the instructors of a class I took, said she puts at least one mistake into every quilt to make it personal. Then she does not tell anyone what that mistake is. Usually no one notices.
I read that the Amish do this on purpose because God is the only perfect one. Anybody else hear this?
I don't know about the Amish, but that's what I always say about every project I do!!! :lol:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Please lay out your future quilts flat, never folded, and use a 12" or 15" square ruler to square the corners, moving up the sides with a 6"x24" ruler. Then carefully measure the width of the quilt through its middle and the length also through the middle. These measurements wil give you the precise length and width of the borders, top, bottom and sides. You will be happy with the results. Check out the YouTube tutorials for a lot of info on attaching borders, etc., I like Missouri Star Quilt Shop tutes the best. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Look at as your signature. Your being way to hard on yourself. I know we all do it and we are the only ones who know unless you tell every body hey!! Look Here.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 PM

I think it is really a cute quilt. Yur little boy would not care if it has a mistake on it anyway. I really did not even see a mistake. Looks great to me. Good luck in quilting.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Just a suggestion, I would not fold the quilt when you square up in the future. Happy Quilting!
What's the best way to square it up when it's bigger than your cutting mat?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by ssnare
It is not that noticeable. Finish it the way it is. Then you will be free to start on something new. One of the instructors of a class I took, said she puts at least one mistake into every quilt to make it personal. Then she does not tell anyone what that mistake is. Usually no one notices.
I read that the Amish do this on purpose because God is the only perfect one. Anybody else hear this?
Hee hee. I would LOVE to be able to say (truthfully) "Yeah, I put that mistake there on purpose." I certainly don't ever have to worry about my quilts being perfect! :lol:
Old 01-13-2011, 01:24 PM

You did a great job on this, very cute and I can't see where you've gone wrong.