Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My Thread Storage System

Thank you for sharing !

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing this great idea. I love the mini scruncies for the bobbins. They really work well.

Doris

I really love the idea. Would look really nice all in a row. Might have to see what I can find to make some for my room. Thanks for the inspiration.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says
    "Oh no, She's up!"
    Sibyl aka: Essiescott

Blog Entries

Thread storage

Great ideas you all had. I use the Rubbermaid 3 drawer cabinet. Think I may put the foam in the bottom of the drawers, glue the golf tees to that as stated. Thanks for the idea. I originally had DH cut out a piece of ply wood that would fit in my cabinet drawers, drilled holes say every 3" apart, glued dowel rods in there but have never seen it since! All it needed was a white coat of paint. Now guess I will be on the search for long golf tees! Would straws work on a golf tee to extend it?

Thanks for sharing your clever idea! Great way to store the thread and to organize the colors!
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Now this is one clever idea. Will definitly be making me on of these (or I should say, a few of these). .

Very creative!

I put my bobbins in a tall olive jar, I can see in it I have two kinds of bobbins so use two different jars also have one for colored thread and one for bobbin thread for embrodery. they are skinny and set on window sill. My machine embroidery thread I keep in little plastic drawers one for each color ,they get stringy but I cut off the strays

awesome and very cute idea...

WOW... This board has the best idea's. I suppose you have to be creative to quilt and you ladies and gents have some really creative idea's.

Great idea, very creative....I know just where to find some golf tees!
    Dee

Today is the day the Lord has made..Let us be glad and rejoice in it!!

Super do-it-yourself idea!

Blog Entries
    Great Idea! I agree with the Fons and and Porter suggestion. When you first started to descripe it, I was thinking it would be really hard to see the colors. But its not, it looks great. I'm growing my stash of King Tut cones and this would be a great way of storing them.
    Thanks
    Vicky

My husband is going to wonder where his golf tees went, oh man I can't stop laughing. I love it. When we were first married (33 yrs ago) I bought a set a golf clubs for myself because he was always asking me to join him and I did a few times but we lived in Natchez, Ms. at the time and it gets really hot and humid in the summer so I decided to wait until fall to try it again. So when the fall rolled around I looked all over for my clubs to give it another try and could not find them anywhere. When I asked him about my clubs he said "oh I sold them because you never used them". I really didn't care because I would rather be playing with the Bernina he bought me but after all these years I can repay the favor so to speak - I am going to use all of his tees to organize my thread. Thanks for the fantastic idea.

Neat idea! Pretty box!

I use the little dots on my bobbins because they are so much alike-Singer and Brother- to tell which is which. To hold the thread I use a piece of file tape I've put # of thread to hold end of thread so it dosen't unroll.
    Kathy Osterby

Blog Entries
    I don't use plastic tubing, I use hole reinforcements that can be purchased at any office supply. AND they're cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by PegD View Post
    Great idea. How do you do the plastic tubing?
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Aren't you clever. I think your idea is going to get stolen by lots of people on this board.
    Denise finally in Manchester NH

Hobby Lobby sells clear (translucent) plastic divided boxes in their make-your-own-jewelery section - boxes to hold beads and such - for a buck fifty each. Each section holds a large spool of thread, 18 spools per box. They stack and are very portable. Love them.
    Eternity is a very long time -- especially toward the end.

You clever girl!
    katz

Very Great IDEA!! I've got to follow this thanks for sharing.

I just want to thank everyone for all these great ideas, I knew if I came to the board someone out there would have an idea. Thanks again for all the replys.

For anyone looking for cheap golf tees - I got mine at Walmart - the one locally has them in bags of 100 or 250.

Pretty well organized, I think. My thread was a mess, but is now better, but nowhere as good as this!

Quote Originally Posted by anngi View Post
    This looks like a great idea, my reels are stored by colour in ice cream cartons, but can get tangled. I don't recognise 'foam board', can anyone help? What would it be called in U.K.? Thanks for the idea and help.
    It's called foam core board here, too. It's sold in office supply stores as well as craft stores. It's kind of like two big pieces of poster board (cardboard) with this layer of squishy stuff inside. Kids use it for school projects. Hope this helps you find some in the UK.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast