Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My very own fix it man! >

My very own fix it man!

My very own fix it man!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:09 PM

Rhonda.. that's a great machine!! If your DH is about to get it going, she's gonna be great to piece on... and sew on just about anything you can throw at her.

I love my 301.. here's what she looks like. with her fancy smancy fabric guide.. (love painters tape) .similar to yours, but your's has a few more gadgets on it than mine does.. and for $5, that's even better!!

Kirsten.. I have 4..Ellegante..used mainly for embroidery, Innovis 4000D upgraded to a 4500D...used mainly for FMQ and pieceing before I got my 301, an Evolve Serger and then my 301. I sold my Featherweight and bought the 301. Best move I ever made. DD has a Innovis 1000 as she likes to embroider too and I'm selfish and don't let her or her brother use my machines.
How many machines DO you have?

My 301
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53739[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53739.jpe  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Wow Tuesy they are sisters aren't they! I am so used to my old singer I would have to get used to anything else but I wanted a backup for when I have trouble with mine.

Here's my everyday machine. This is my 1950's repro of a 1850's Singer. I traced the model to get this info. I love my sewing machine. It is simple with no confusing gadgets. It is easy to thread and easy to load the bobbin. The thing that throws me on other machines is figuring out how to load the bobbins. So frustrating! And I rarely have a manual to follow.

I don't do any complicated sewing so this works for me just fine. It has a knee pedal which I like. I have always hated the foot pedals because you have to keep finding them. I do get frustrated with the knee pedal tho at times. It is a rod that pushes through a metal guide and it comes out of the guide at times. Haven't figured out how to stop it doing that.

Mine is also in its own cabinet and when I have gone to use another machine the differance in height bothers me.

So how many machines do you (anyone) have? Share your pics here of your machines if you like. Would love to see what everyone has!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-3301.jpe  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 AM

Awww, so cute! It's wonderful he can fix things! He looks like he's ready to make a quilt tho :D
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Awww, so cute! It's wonderful he can fix things! He looks like he's ready to make a quilt tho :D
That's what I thought too Suzi! I asked him if he was going to learn to quilt and he just laughed! He can't concentrate alot so probably not. But it is something he could do if he wanted. He has said in times past he wished he could help me so I could get caught up. Never know he might catch the bug! He does darn his own clothes when need be. And he isn't half bad at it. He learned to do that in the army. I couldn't darn if my life depended on it!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:00 AM

I wish I had a fix it man. Mine just sits around.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
alimaui

Rhonda, I have this same machine also (403A) Its wonderful!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:22 AM

Well, I don't have any pictures, I will have to work at that. I have given away and sold more than I have.

I have an old singer in the shed I am giving to my foster daughter, it was given to me from a woman in my guild who is moving out of state, she says it is 80 years old, in a cabinet and recently rewired. (free)

I have a #1 manual Janome New Home, it is now my back up machine, #2 my Elna Quilters Dream (I LOVE), use just about everyday. # 3; Brother Innovis 4000D, have had it about three years and just learning to use it,LOL, # 4, Brother PQ 1500S (for sale) and #5 My "baby" Handiquilter 16 on a B-Line stand up frame.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Rhonda,
Your hubby is a sweet guy to try and help you fix those machines. He sure looks intent on the job in the picture.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

the bobbin might be the problem. the machines are finicky about them.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Glen grew up in the construction world and he can rewire and do plumbing and anything mechanical. He always kept our cars running and he fixed any electical etc. Now that he is disabled I have to take the car to be worked on. It about kills me to have to pay someone to do that!

When I got my old Singer he replaced the cord on it. I havent' had any trouble with that since then. About 30 yrs ago! That was one of the things Glen looked at yesterday. The power would go down on the 403A Singer and it didn't seem to have enough power then it would be alright. So it may need a new cord. And the bobbin was one of the things we talked about too. Now it is locked up and won't move. So he will have to work on it again. Hopefully he can fix it and I won't have to have anyone else to work on it. There is no hurry tho.