Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My very own fix it man! >

My very own fix it man!

My very own fix it man!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

there might be a bad connection in the presser foot (if it has one) - had to have that fixed on my singer 237 when it wouldn't "go" - the presser foot had also been getting hot -
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Right now it is locked up Sharon and won't move. He needs to take it apart and see what is locked up. He oiled it and that didn't help so don't know. It was locking up and he got it freed and was sewing with it a little and then it locked up underneath again. He can only work on things for short periods of time without having problems so I am sure he will look at it again when he is up to it.

I want to have a machine the kids can use so they dont' have to be back in my corner. There isn't alot of room in my space and it is hard for me to supervise. If they had their own to work on it would make it so much easier. I have 3 and only one really works and I couldn't figure out how to thread it!! LOL
Old 11-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Your hubby sounds like a terrific guy. And a handy man who sews. Great combination.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 PM

My main machine is my Viking 990, then I bought an inexpensive Brother to haul to guild and other places as it is a lot lighter than my Vikiing, but I
really am not that happy with it, it's so noisy. A friend sold me his wife's New Home Emroidery machine when he updated her to a totally computerized embroidery machine much to her protests that she was in her 80's and would never live long enough to get any use out of it but she certainly has enjoyed it and that was his plan. I bought a Singer Merritt 8734 at a garage sale this summer and have got to work on the tension as the stitch is way too loose. Then I have my Serger which I don't use often as my cats won't leave it theaded!! If I cover it up, I mess
up the threads when I uncover it. But I just love sewing machines and would really like to have a new Viking however, my other one works fine
after 20 years of use.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

I just wish I had more room for more machines! Thanks for sharing what you have! I enjoy seeing what everyone uses.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Power Poster

My white cat was TERRIBLE about messing up the threads on the sewing machines. Don't have him any more. Miss the wretch.

Gray cat leaves thread alone. He might play with a spool or bobbin (knock it off the table), but that's about it.

Did your DH ever get the machine to go again?
Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 AM

thats sweet its good your dh can do stuff like this , my dh knows nothing aboutsewing machines so if i have problems i have to either go to a web and serch on it or tke it to shop hes more of a cabinet man
HUGS Dora
Old 11-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Sharon he hasn't sat down to look at it again. He is into anything mechanical so I hope he can fix it. It locked up and I may have to take it to somebody who knows more than Glen does.

Thanks Dora he is great with fix it problems. Whether he can fix this one we will have to wait and see. He looked at it a little yesterday but didn't reallly work on it. Maybe later.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM

So many of us are blessed to have such great husbands. He has to be a keeper. :)
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM

So many of us are blessed to have such great husbands. He has to be a keeper. :)