Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Yard Sale Find >

My Yard Sale Find

My Yard Sale Find

Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 AM

so sad. You could have it appraised then show the man the appraisal to let him know what he basically "threw away". I know you wouldn't do this but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this.

at least you saved a very pretty quilt.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Banned

not everyone HAS to love quilts..even if mom or grandma made it...trust me, it is OK....enjoy it, but do NOT judge others on their likes/dislikes...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
so sad. You could have it appraised then show the man the appraisal to let him know what he basically "threw away". I know you wouldn't do this but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this.

at least you saved a very pretty quilt.
he SOLD a $20 quilt..that is about all it is worth! I would have only paid $10! and how do you know he does not own her really GOOD quilts and chose to sell this everyday, back of the car utility quilt because he did not need another quilt?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by alfosa421 View Post
Great score!!!!Love the quilt-if you have someone from the documentation project with the University of Michigan nearby they can date the fabric for you
it is from the 70's maybe 80's if she used scraps. mostly garment poly/cotton blends and tied. probably has poly batting in it.
This is a utility quilt, nothing state fair or museum quality. He sold it for more than it is really worth in today's market. and the buyer bought it for just what it needs to be used for..something for the grand kids to USE up!

I have seen better quilts end up in dogs bed...some people just are not quilt people..just like I am not a Fleece anything person...it is OK to be different..hehehe
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 AM

I really don't think you need to be so rude, I don't really give a dam what it's made of, or what it looks like, I'm not judging him at all, maybe you are. I wasn't looking for museum quality, and sure didn't plan on putting it there.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
it is from the 70's maybe 80's if she used scraps. mostly garment poly/cotton blends and tied. probably has poly batting in it.
This is a utility quilt, nothing state fair or museum quality. He sold it for more than it is really worth in today's market. and the buyer bought it for just what it needs to be used for..something for the grand kids to USE up!

I have seen better quilts end up in dogs bed...some people just are not quilt people..just like I am not a Fleece anything person...it is OK to be different..hehehe
Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful, lots of ungrateful people in this world. His loss is your gain. Now it will be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:16 AM

In this economy perhaps he needed the money. Although if he knew more he would sell it for more. His loss your gain.
A few years ago I made my son a pullover polar fleece jacket. Someone broke into his car and stole it and $500 worth of tools. What he was the angriest about was the jacket. He said if he ever saw someone with his jacket he wanted to beat them up. I made him another jacket. However, it was in different colors. I'm glad my kids appreciate the things I make for them. They all love the quilts I have given them.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
I really don't think you need to be so rude, I don't really give a dam what it's made of, or what it looks like, I'm not judging him at all, maybe you are. I wasn't looking for museum quality, and sure didn't plan on putting it there.

If you are going to "quote" me, then use the whole quote...my response was NOT to you..but to the person suggesting it be appraised... I stated that YOU the buyer bought it for just what it was to be..a great utility quilt for the grands!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM

i cant believe he got rid of it for any reason... oh well his loss and certainly your gain.. it is really Nice....
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I would not have given it away, lucky you.