Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My zero quilt and first quilt (top) >

My zero quilt and first quilt (top)

My zero quilt and first quilt (top)

Old 06-15-2017, 01:03 PM

Well done. Great quilts.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Good job on both the tote and quilt. Welcome to QB. We all have to start somewhere, and there's no time like the present. The very first quilt I made was a cheater panel that my sister had given me, and which I made into an outside blanket for my DD Kari who was about 5-6 at the time. I had purchased a few quilt magazines and watched a few quilt shows on PBS, but what I did was have one layer of poly batting with 2, yes two, layers of an old mattress cover. Yes, it was indeed very heavy, but my trusty Kenmore machine loved sewing on thicker fabrics, so the simple machine quilting I did, actually worked. My daughter loved it as she would take it outside and play with her Barbie dolls on the grass and nothing dared venture through the quilt. LOL. After that I only used one layer of batting on my quilts. I had made a bright blue and black double Irish Chain quilt for my son, who requested leopard print fabric on the back, which I found on sale. That quilt not only lived through grade school, high school, moved out with him when he left home and whenever he left home to return again, the quilt came with him.