Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Chewboo,
    Super....because it's one row per month - and a repeat block within the row it does make up well and faster than if they were all different - I did them by cuttin everything out for the whole row and then chain stitching...goes very well like that...

I'm going to try it too. Your first 2 rows look so cute!

May as well count me in,printed pics of Jan. and Feb.Love the two of them,cant wait for March.Thanks for the info.neoma

Blog Entries
    I love this! I'm getting ready to do a huge quilt project with others here and don't know if I can do both since I'm already behind on the other one.

I'll bookmark this thread and if I can do both of them, I will. It will be fun to see what everyone else comes up with!

Super Member Pineapple Princess's Avatar
    It looks great so far!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I checked it out and think I will do this one also. Please, someone remind me each moth so I don't gorget to print the pattern.

I think I might join in. Sound like fun. But oh I have so many things on my plate already. Will see. I have printed them so who knows.

Blog Entries
    ditto to what stitchesnstaples said.

This looks like fun I think I might check it out

Row format...NICE

SO glad that so many are checking in and going to follow this one...we'll have some fun.....

The beauty about this one is that you can pick it up at any time....and like now....even if you want to to do Jan and February - we still have almost a month before the directions for March comes out so that's great....

Blog Entries
    It's going to be cool, seeing everyone posting theirs as we go along! :)

I agree...looking forward to seeing pictures.........

I decided this would be a great way to use up scraps and not spend more money on fabric. So... I'm in.

Then I went to check the stash for background fabric, realized I didn't have enough. So a trip down to the LQS to get some background fabric is in order.

So much for using up scraps and not buying more fabric.
    But I'm in and I'm pumped. This will be fun.

I hate pinwheels as I hate matching points so this will be interesting!

Off to snoop through scraps and get at it!

Hi Janie,
    Yes, for all of the other colors, scraps are wonderful - it's just the 2 yards of background fabric that is the main concern for this one..otherwise I'm thinking we can do our own thing - and even chose our own borders afterwards to use up some stash.....
    It is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed dong the first 2 months....
    I'm going to try to stay on top of it to make sure that everyone gets the link posted reminding them to pick up the next month's instructions.....

so we need 2 yards for the background how big it it going to make i have not read what i copied yet

The Quilt is supposed to vinish at 48in x 64in which is a nice size to work with....

The background fabric should be 2 yards.....which will be the backgrounds for all blocks - and the strips in between the rows to join the rows together....other than that, scraps are sufficient....except for the borders and binding and backing - we can surely use whatever we chose after the rows have all been completed.....

I am trying to do this one complete from my stash.....for the first 2 months I'm ok - it depends on what the next months are going to be and what colors I'll want to use - I'll play it month by month for color selections....I am trying to do the colors that are given in the instructions....

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you so very much for the link. I love the patterns so very much and can't wait to get started tonight. Just as soon as I finish this stupid thing called WORK that takes up so much of my time.

ljs317..
    We are going to be quilte the family following Claudia's Mystery Quilt program....WONDERFUL!!!!!

Everyone,
    I sent Claudia an email with a link to the forum to show her what we are up to......

THANKS CLAUDIA for such a great project!

I am a brand new quilter, although I have been sewing and designing for over 45 years. The name on the site caught my eye-there aren't that many of us Claudia's around! I think I might try this, is it too hard for a beginner quilter? I am currently working on a French Braid for my 8 year old granddaughter in Tinkerbell colors (purples and greens)

I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS ON QUILTER'S BOARD AFTER READING YOUR CLIP. I AM GOING TO GO HOME AND BEGIN THIS THIS WEEKEND. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS DO WE NEED TO BUY A BACKGROUND FABRIC TO CARRY THE THEME THROUGHT THIS QUILT? THANKS FOR SHARING.

I love the row by row quilt. I have the patterns saved and want to start this quilt as soon as my new printer arrives.

another one who loves the challenge of "little" blocks...they are so much fun....I use used dryer softner sheets to PP on.....apply them on freezer sheets & print the pattern on with your printer.....it stabilizises the blk., & it can be left there when you assemble the blks.

I don't think this quilt quilt is too hard for a beginner but you may just need a bit more time to sew the smaller pieces....and with the points...but I'm sure a bit of practice is all it will take...

For the background - the pattern says that you should have 2 yards of a background fabric - which should take us thoughout the pattern.

Faye, These are not PP blocks though - all regular pieced...

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast