Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New pics** I Need Opinions!! pic included =o) >

New pics** I Need Opinions!! pic included =o)

New pics** I Need Opinions!! pic included =o)

Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brazen
Really??! I'm surprised... hehe I thought for sure you guys would think it's not pretty enough. It IS very busy... I'm not in love with the ecru floral setting squares in the middle. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. LOL

Thank you for your opinions!
You know we're honest. We would tell you if it didn't work. At first the floral bothered me. But visualizing the borders, etc. I think it's going to be great. And I just love the 4- patch. Colors are very striking. Onward, ho.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 AM

Gail, thank you! You and the other ladies here are excellent sewing buddies. I wish we could all spend time together, in one big room, talking and sewing.

I am finished with the top of this table topper. I sandwiched it and began quilting.... but my machine is misbehaving!!! The bottom bobbin thread is visible on the quilt top, and of course that looks terrible. I could see it was happening, but I thought adjusting as I went would be ok, but now I have a good bit to rip out.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Here's where I'm at now. I am completely working things out as I go... as far as colors, size and everything. LOL I hope it finishes up well. That purple is a nice, dark batik. And the backing fabric will fold up and over the edges to become the binding. That backing is a darkish green with metallic gold dots all over it. It's lighter than the dark green marble that the setting triangles are made of.

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ogresstop5.jpg[/IMG]

And here's the dining room again:

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...DiningRoom.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes, I am thinking it will be perfect!! Another great project for you!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh yes, I am thinking it will be perfect!! Another great project for you!
Thank you so much! I've come to a screeching halt in my work progress on it, tho..... I've NEVER had my machine misbehave on me. But it is now. I kept sewing too long, hoping it would work itself out, but it didn't. So I've got some ripping to do. I was quilting the 3 layers together, and need to undo it all. Urg.

LOL
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM

oh, oh, Brazen. Must be time to put your machine in time out if it's misbehaving. :lol: If I were closer to you, I'd go and help you do some of that "unsewing."
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Oh no...I just hate unsewing! That is sooo pretty too! What do you think is wrong with your machine? Want to borrow my froggie? At least he puts a smile on your face while you are unsewing. :?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22656.jpe  
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 AM

That frog is CUTE!!! And funny, too. LOL! I don't know the technical term for it, but my machine made the bottom bobbin thread come up and show on top of the quilt, and you can't see the top spool thread at all.... it's not in nice, normal stitches on top. I'm using my regular "invisible" thread on top... it looks just like fishing line. I always use that stuff, and it usually works fine. I'm using the same 100% natural cotton batting as always. Same fabrics. So I don't know why it's misbehaving!!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 AM

You probably did, but I'll ask anyhow. Did you clean the bobbin case, etc. down there? Change the needle? Be sure the needle isn't in backwards. Several times I've brought my machine to the shop and found out that it was something as simple as that. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 AM

I hope you get everything worked out but I can tell you it sure is pretty.