Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not sure what I'm doing!

I think it looks great!! Get sewing!!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Looks great! Keep on going.

Looks great.

Blog Entries
    I like the black square and the stars, but the little black setting triangles (in and around the scappy squares on point) are jumping out at me a little- are you going for a random look with them? I suggest they need some more balance. Overall, lovely look!
    Quote Originally Posted by fien777 View Post
    I totally agree with this!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
    I like the black square and the stars, but the little black setting triangles (in and around the scappy squares on point) are jumping out at me a little- are you going for a random look with them? I suggest they need some more balance. Overall, lovely look!
    I agree with this and the others who remarked on the little black triangles. I think you either need more to balance it out or none at all. I like the block with the little black squares, I think it adds a nice element to the quilt.
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

I agree with sak658 to take that black square out, it doesn't flow with the rest of what you have done which absolutely works and is really pretty. I like your choice of colors, keep going!

Power Poster
    looks great so far!!!!
    QUILTNMO

I like you idea. The only thing I would do is put small border of the red before the black border. Maybe even just 1/2 inch to make the red pop

so far it looks good.......sash and border.... I would use that (red) for the sash and maybe the black strip for the border....colors are great...subtle and restful

Very nice and well done. Yes a black boarder would be great. Nice lay out. Keep up the great work.

Blog Entries
    I think you're doing great. I'd keep going just the way it is.

I really like what you have done with your block. It is so pretty and the color contrasts are done so well. Keep on going you are doing a great job.

I love your colors. The cotrasr is excellent and balanced. I can see a black border woith red binding.

I love it, the contrast looks good to me.

Looks very classy to me!

You are doing a great job. The colors are really nice.

It sure is looking good....love the colors!!!
    There is no place like home!

First your colors and fabric choices are super. You are right on with those!
    I do agree with some of the others tho, about the inconsistencies of the few half square triangles in black you have added. They do seem to throw the balance off for me, too.
    I love the black and red around your star centers and the alternate green and gold star points. I wouldn't change a thing about those, nor your use of the lights that read as white on the photo.
    However, IMHO, I would stick to using the greens in the gold star points and the golds in the green star points for balance and consistency.
    I do love the look of the black stripe sub-pattern in the second row, however, if you want to include this, I would not use the stripe, but would use the red. No need to match the pattern in the fabric then, and no distraction when it doesn't match. Or I would use a different black without the stripe.
    Also, if you decide to keep that, I think it would need to be in each of that same intersection throughout the quilt, not in just the one spot.
    If keeping it is too complex, as it may well be, then I'd just go with the colors you have in the rest of the quilt, except the blacks.

You are doing an awesome job as a beginner, heck, even for a non beginner! And I think your block size is perfect! 12" is a good size.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Power Poster
    I likek what you're doing and you have some nice contrast in the blocks/quilt. It's going to look very nice when you're done.

Just want to apologize if I was too long winded and gave too much opinion. I have designed a few of my own patterns too and know how it is to get lost in there. So sorry if I went beyond helpful into quilt policey... sure never want to sound like that. Hugs and smiles, and good luck!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Let me ask this.. Is the 9th block..the one that does not have a black square in it belong? Or does the bottom square #4 need black. Is just because it not done..It will balance when you are done. Does #9 block match the second block from the bottom... I like it. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Very cool combination of pattern with colors!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I think it is really nice. I love your color choices and layout. It will be very striking when you have more blocks and it is quilted. I am impressed you are doing so well for only 8 months quilting experience. Keep going. You are creating a masterpiece!

You are doing awesome. With your color choices and exhibited skill you are already on your way to become an accomplished and happy quilter in no time. Enjoy the journey!

I really like what you've done so far and would love to see the finished project!

I fully relate to your 'not quite sure of what I'm doing' lead sentence! I don't usually know what I'm doing with a quilt until it's finished. I plan for one thing, but somehow wind up with a very different quilt top when I'm done.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast