Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts.... >

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Old 12-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I may be strange, but I would give the gifts anyway.
I agree , My family decided not to exhange they will all get the quilts I made for each of them. It is the season of giving!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:34 PM
kbs

That is a lot of work, give the gifts, they will be glad to have them.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM

I really don't like the gag gifts. or really white elephants where you just give junk. I am too practical and would rather get something I would like or need than some piece of junk or a gag gift that can't be used. I think that it is a waste of money. But then again I think gifts threw too much. I want people to like what they get and not just say thanks and toss it into the corner or closet when they get home. I would take your gifts and give them to everyone and then just get some junk thing really really really cheep or from the garage to take for the white elephant. if anyone says anything to you just say that you had them done before the change was made and you still wanted people to get the gifts you had made and if anyone doesn't want it then you will take it back and find a new home for it. (which I don't think anyone will do.) My mom and I always try to include my SIL and my cuz who comes for every holiday in all the holiday preparation plans.
And you could sell them at a craft fair or show. just let people know that those are samples of your work that are for sale as well. but that you do take requests for names. hehe good way to get future sales.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I would go ahead and give the gifts as planned.
Find a white elephant gift and join in on the fun.
Maybe hand them the gifts as you are all leaving, and wish them a heartfelt Merry Christmas. Don't let their inconsideration bother you, or your Christmas spirit :wink: :D:D:D
=============================
Yeah, what she said.

Go ahead, YOU, at least, have the Christmas spirit. Give the things you've made with love. No one is going to slap your hands for actually GIVING presents for Christmas. This is a time for giving.
Smile.
It'll drive the nay-sayers nuts!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Maybe hand them the gifts as you are all leaving, and wish them a heartfelt Merry Christmas. Don't let their inconsideration bother you, or your Christmas spirit :wink: :D:D:D

I agree! And if anyone asks why just say they were made according to the original plans. And because it's so time consuming to make all these gifts you had to start early. Maybe in the future when things are planned they'll think twice before changing plans at such late notice. I honestly think that people really don't understand how much effort and time goes into homemade crafts/gifts.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM

give them the presents anyway,
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 PM

I couldn't agree more... When this type of thing happens, I remind myself to "love like Jesus loves."
Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear that andI understand your frustration, but I urge you to give the gifts anyway. After all, you did make them especially for the recipients. Get an inexpensive "gag" gift and join the fun. Don't let this spoil the holiday for you.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 PM

I would give them to them all anyway. Giving is a heart generated offer and one can not take that away. Tell them you got the Memo too late and they will just have to take their gifts! You can participate in the white elephant gift too. Hope you are truly blessed by your hard work and very thoughtful giving!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:28 PM

All those lovely thoughtful gifts represent the love you feel for your family. Give them in the spirit in which they were made and just feel the joy. Cheerfully explain that you got it all mixed up and that it's okay because of the fun you had thinking of each of them as you made their gifts. Remember that they simply changed their plans and it is no one's fault. Relax, have some wine & chocolate, and bask in the pleasure of a job well done. xoxo