Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Oh Bev......Look what you inspired me to try today!! updated New photos showing pintucks!!!!!! >

Oh Bev......Look what you inspired me to try today!! updated New photos showing pintucks!!!!!!

Oh Bev......Look what you inspired me to try today!! updated New photos showing pintucks!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Izy
Bev.....I checked out Brandy's website this morning, started this about 11am, finished in two hours after watching the video once!!

No fancy template - used a plate with a little blue tack on lip to stop it slipping

No marking with pencil on the cross - you already got the iron in your hand so just folded it in half ironed the seam line - rotated a quarter - did that again!!

Its not perfect by any means - I messed up with the embroidery - I am too impatient and should have tacked/pinned the petals more as when the machine was moving around to do the fancy embroidery the petal slipped hence the puckering :(

BUT I love the technique and can see myself doing a demonstration at our guild meetings.

So a BIG thank you for finding this site, I have had a fun afternoon playing :D
Oh sweetie, you are so welcome. I love your circles. You did an awesome job. Glad I could help....
Old 06-28-2008, 02:37 PM

Oh wow, this is a circle pattern ive been trying to do too, used a dinner plate. That link was awesome! I must have missed it when bev put it up, thank you izy and bev, and love your colours izy! :)
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM

That's really pretty!
Not something I would try, would toss it in the corner lol
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanx for posting this. I love seeing a finished block. I like your idea of a plate! Sara
Old 06-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

That is beautiful ! Is there a published step by step magazine or vidio on this.. I mean first grade standards here... step by step..

I would love to do this. Looks like the Cathedrel window of old!

Love it !!

Chairjogger (Ellen)
Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Bev,
I am having trouble with the web site for this spacific vidio. I so see the Grandmother's Garden. That is how I am making my own ( see my Icon).
Hmm .. did not know anyone could see this site. I have it saved in fav place, maybe try another computer.

Will try again..
Thanks,
Chairjogger (Ellen)
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by chairjogger
Bev,
I am having trouble with the web site for this spacific vidio. I so see the Grandmother's Garden. That is how I am making my own ( see my Icon).
Hmm .. did not know anyone could see this site. I have it saved in fav place, maybe try another computer.

Will try again..
Thanks,
Chairjogger (Ellen)
Ellen....click on the circles magic, not where it says videos and you will see a very good demonstration..step by step = how do you think I managed it, I have only been quilting 18 months too :D :D
Old 06-28-2008, 09:33 PM

That is really great, I think I may have to try it.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Way to go Izy! I was just getting my crumb blocks together and you show us the great circles. Out come the dinner plate and the butter knife and we'll see what happens. I have been trying to post pics and they won't do it. I've read admins. instructions and have been trying so hard but nothing. Maybe it's my computer. It couldn't be the operator, nah Ha Ha! Jan
Old 06-29-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Way to go Izy! I was just getting my crumb blocks together and you show us the great circles. Out come the dinner plate and the butter knife and we'll see what happens. I have been trying to post pics and they won't do it. I've read admins. instructions and have been trying so hard but nothing. Maybe it's my computer. It couldn't be the operator, nah Ha Ha! Jan
Just to let you know, it does take a long time for it to upload the photo after you submit it. I timed mine and it takes a good 5 or 6 mins.

Elle