Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Block Woofers

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billswife99
    Oh for fun! I love the woofers name! I have heard of a quilter using potatoe fabric to make one of these. Yes, I said potatoes. I haven't seen it yet but I bet it is awesome!
    There's one in the new book with pears all over - I fancy making one like that - I'd love to see the taters! :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I LOVE your placement of the blocks. And that is a great border fabric. These quilts are so much fun!

Sometimes JoAnns has the first OBW book, so check there if you're looking for it.

Great title too!
    Yes, I was pleased with the border fabric - I took some of the original fabric on my trip to Belgium recently and found it in a little LQS there! :D So the dog fabric came from the USA, the border from Belgium, the quilt was made in France and now it's off to England! :D

Banned
    That is so cool. I really love it. I sure wish I could find fabric with Pomeranians

Blog Entries
    Well K3n I feel really proud that i had a vote in the name! It is really terrific!! I love the way it came out! I really laughed when you first mentioned One Block Woofers it is so apt!!! I love the quilt!!
    You're getting quite experienced at this now you know!! How many does this make now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I LOVE your placement of the blocks. And that is a great border fabric. These quilts are so much fun!

Sometimes JoAnns has the first OBW book, so check there if you're looking for it.

Great title too!
    Yes, I was pleased with the border fabric - I took some of the original fabric on my trip to Belgium recently and found it in a little LQS there! :D So the dog fabric came from the USA, the border from Belgium, the quilt was made in France and now it's off to England! :D
    A truely well traveled, international quilt!!! I love it!! 8) 8) 8) I had never noticed one before with the original fabrics in blocks incorporated into it. Good Job!!! Very Inspiring, too :D :D :D

WOW!

AWESOME!!! Good to know she put how to do the cubes in the encore book. Now I will have to get that book. I made cubes in my last one, I sat and played with them until I got what I wanted. I would post a pic but----Long story short--I forgot to take pics before I left it at her business (she was on vacation) and now she hasn't seen it. We live in different states and that was why I left it there.

woof! woof! K! just think....you could take a picture of somebody's dog, and copy it on fabric, and make these blocks out of that! I think?
    couldn't you :mrgreen:
    was it a flash of brilliance? or just a flash in the pan? :lol:
    yours are great, know she will love it. :D

That turned out so well. I bet your friend is going to be amazed. Great job.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Well K3n I feel really proud that i had a vote in the name! It is really terrific!! I love the way it came out! I really laughed when you first mentioned One Block Woofers it is so apt!!! I love the quilt!!
    You're getting quite experienced at this now you know!! How many does this make now?
    This is only the second big one, but I've done three minis, and lots more planned! :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    woof! woof! K! just think....you could take a picture of somebody's dog, and copy it on fabric, and make these blocks out of that! I think?
    couldn't you :mrgreen:
    was it a flash of brilliance? or just a flash in the pan? :lol:
    yours are great, know she will love it. :D
    Hey now that's a great idea! :D

yw :wink:

I love it!!!
    I really do think you need to make Mortimer one like that!!!LOL

Great job on the woofers,

I just picked up another piece today that I thought would do good for the OBW, Can't wait to see if it works.

Oh wow, that looks fantastic!

Great result...you have done wonders with the fabric....has a lot of added dimension.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    looks great with the doggy fabric..i have the book but havent actually gotten around to making one but after seeing yours i will now be on the lookout for kitty fabric!

That is awesome! I love it! I have GOT to try this!!!!
    That is just too cool!!

I desperately want to learn how to do this block. Have admired the results of this technique for years but don't know how to do it. Think I'll find a class and learn how. Thanks for sharing...love your blocks

What fun looking blocks with the dogs. Very clever, K. I had to study them closely. I've done blocks like that before, but have to admit I'm not very good at them quite yet.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I can't wait to start another one! :D For those of you who want to try - I used the books One Block Wonders and OBWs Encore by Maxine Rosenthal - I think you guys can get them from Joann's otherwise, Amazon. :D

K3N: Just looked at this fabric at Joann's and was tempted to buy some for this quilt. Our quilt group was suppose to have a class on this pattern/block this month but it's been postponed. If and when we have the class I will go back to get this fabric. Your quilt is so nice. You did a wonderful job on it and I'm sure your friend is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

Feathers, you don't need to wait for the class, the book is very detailed in it's directions. And there are enough here that have done them that they can help you if you get stuck, I jsut finished a mini, it is so cute, I have the big one in the wip lipe still.

How difficult are these OBWs to make? Are they like Kaleidescopes?

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suzic46
    How difficult are these OBWs to make? Are they like Kaleidescopes?
    I think OBWs are just what the lady who wrote this book calls kaleidoscopes but I'm not sure. And the technique is not at all hard. It's just piecing triangles together then you join them in rows - no Y seams. The first one I made, I had the book alongside me and worked through it but once you've got the hang of it, it's pretty straightforward. The important stage is aligning your layers of fabric - once that's done the rest is fun! :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast