Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: One Block Woofers

Very nice--- I love your fabric choice.

Blog Entries
    ok...so when you make these one block wonders its all the same fabric??

I love dog material. This quilt came out great.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    ok...so when you make these one block wonders its all the same fabric??
    Yes that's right. If you check out the link (in blue top left of the page) it will take you to a topic list dedicated to OBWs, kaleidoscopes and stack n whack. A look through some of those threads should tell you all you need to know. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    I so enjoy all these threads from other quilters......but when you sent this one, I wasn't much into the them (hadn't yet found them back then !!!!)

and I was just reading about your OBWs and someone posted this thread ....I immediately went into it and your quilts are absolutely beautiful.

I have your doggie fabric ...used for a couple dogs in the family but would never have thought to use it for a OBW....It's really great !!!

Back to why I am writing...
    I have bought the book, bought three different fabrics, and really want to do one .........BUT........
    the book is on the shelf, the fabric in the closet and I am beside myself with wondering (good work to use here !!!!) if I would be able to do this pattern.

Is it very difficult? I will bring all the prep to Florida with me when I leave in a couple weeks and will make myself accept this challenge.

I will have all the time while there for the winter and should be able to accomplish something.....hopefully, a OBW.

Again, you quilts are beautiful.......

MaryJane.......from NJ......right along the Atlantic coast.
    I wrote that post on December 9th.....LAST YEAR.....and the fabric is still folded and the book still unopened, and I am still wondering about being able to accomplish an OBW........

I again brought all with me to work on this winter so I will see what I get done this year......!!!!!!!!!

oh this is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Here's an OBW I just finished for a good friend in the UK who breeds dogs. I FMQ'd it and only my second attempt - far from perfect but I'm happy to send it! Thanks so much to Dunster and Jan who both showed OBWs a while back that inspired my choice of fabric and the idea of leaving a full block of the original fabric. I'm showing some close ups of the detail as well. :D
    Gorgeous! And what a good choice for us dog lovers. I like the idea of leaving one block of the original fabric.

What a great quilt! Love the pups!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Here's an OBW I just finished for a good friend in the UK who breeds dogs. I FMQ'd it and only my second attempt - far from perfect but I'm happy to send it! Thanks so much to Dunster and Jan who both showed OBWs a while back that inspired my choice of fabric and the idea of leaving a full block of the original fabric. I'm showing some close ups of the detail as well. :D
    Gorgeous! And what a good choice for us dog lovers. I like the idea of leaving one block of the original fabric.
    Thank you - she still challenges visitors to find the whole doggies! :lol:

Thank you - she still challenges visitors to find the whole doggies! :lol:
    K3n, your website and quilts are gorgeous. I can't wait to make a OBW. I just ordered a book. I too use a book like a manual, especially the first time. I previously thought these were beyond my ability but now I think not! Thanks so much for sharing.

Very nice!! I did a OBW from that same fabric - called mine "Dizzy Dogs" LOL

nice

k3n
    Blog Entries
    K3n, your website and quilts are gorgeous. I can't wait to make a OBW. I just ordered a book. I too use a book like a manual, especially the first time. I previously thought these were beyond my ability but now I think not! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Thank you. And I'm certain you can do it! Look forward to seeing your first... :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiR
    Very nice!! I did a OBW from that same fabric - called mine "Dizzy Dogs" LOL
    Have you posted it? I would love to see it. I made this one over a year ago BTW - it's an old post but she still loves her quilt. :-D

That is so cute....

So cool, I just can't get enough!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. :-D

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt
    love the fabric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4