Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One of my sewing a couple of a deer

But at least there's one we know of that got what they deserved!
    :D
    M

Our only covenant when we bought our house is that we couldn't raise herds of goats.... uh, we are in a culdesac and surrounded by water... uh... okay, I'll try and abide by that rule... sigh.... Henry- you're right... homeowner ass********* are nutjobs...

When my son & daugh in law built they even had to have their house numbers set in the brick on the front of the house. They did have a nice spot across the street from wetlands so saw lots of wildlife. Not as pretty as your backyard Henry. They moved back home and are hoping to buy a small acerage. In north central Iowa we don't have as many areas that look like yours. We live on the edge of a small town and we have deer visit once in a while, wild turkeys like our pond and we have had a blue heron eat all our goldfish. Other wise it is mostly bunnies, frogs, gophers, possum and raccoon. rarely a skunk will visit- thank heavens it is rarely. Love your curtains by the way, are you going to show the bed covering?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Our only covenant when we bought our house is that we couldn't raise herds of goats.... uh, we are in a culdesac and surrounded by water... uh... okay, I'll try and abide by that rule... sigh.... Henry- you're right... homeowner ass********* are nutjobs...
    My parents bought a house years ago that had only one rule in the 'hood. No sheep. So of course they got one! :D

M

Blog Entries
    Oh--good for you for elaving the backyard natural!!

Have you ever read "Crash" by Jerry Spinelli? It's a kids' book--the first read aloud I do every year. You'll love the little sister character. Read it if you get a chance. :wink:

I like the curtain you made - nice job!
    I like the deer in your backyard as well. We get all kinds of wildlife here too, we live in the country. The last two years, we got black bears that "investigated" the chickens. I walked in on one once, it had smashed through a window in the chicken shed - just a small one who was curious, but enough to scare the bejeebers out of me and out of the chickens! Knock on wood, the bears haven't come by (yet?) this year... but they may in summer when they try to fatten up for winter and the berries are all gone. Of all wild animals that I've met, a black bear is the scariest...
    We have skunks too, but for some reason they don't spray us - they just waddle away.
    Oh, on the very cute side, a baby bunny did find its way into the chicken shed today! It was very very cuddly looking! Don't worry, it found its way safely out!
    One of the garden centres in our area sells the corn in 50lb bags - they call it deer food or chicken scratch - so maybe you could find it there.

Blog Entries
    I will look for that at the library Karla. :)

Blog Entries
    Thanks janet:)

About the home owners Asso's, I told my husband the same thing exactly. He wants to look at lots out west of Missoula where some home owners are dividing larger lots to sell. They are still a fair size, but I told him absolutely no Associations . I refuse to give money to a bunch of busy boddies who feel they are being paid to interfere in my business. Love the deer. We are next to a railroad yard, a bus garage and an overpass, and effectively sheltered from visits by deer. Which is why we would like to move outside of town in the first place.

Blog Entries
    I hear ya Susan! :)

Blog Entries
    Here in NC we can feed them corn, or let our grass and shrubs feed them, hence the natural look to my backyard.

Blog Entries
    I live in a small town, and we have deer walking through all year long as well as all of the usual smaller animals. Last year we could see where a cougar was tracking a deer right through our parking lot. We followed their foot prints in the mud all the way around my apartment complex....no more taking the garbage out after dark for me :shock: :lol: :shock:

Blog Entries
    oh defintely not. As we encroach more and more into animal territory and take away the ancestral hunting grounds more and more animals will make their presence known in our suburbs etc... People really make me mad when they kill animals fro following their instincts. We take over their land and drive them into situations where they eat our cattle and sheep but then kill them for doing what comes naturally to them.

Animals were here first not humans....but we humans act like everything is ours and then we punish the animals for being animals.

Okay I'll step off my soapbox now.

very lovely ....

Blog Entries
    thanks Ania

At least you have a beautiful yard. 8) :lol: I had them eating out of the bird feeder. :cry:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    WOW Great pics!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yes and it made me mad as well. There was no reason to shoot to kill. They could have used a tranquilizer gun and relocated him. But humans have the crazy idea that everything belongs to them. Meaning they take everything they want and kill whatever animal they want and think that God won't punish them for it or ask them about it on judgement day.

Couldn't resist- Making Henry Sew a couple deer! :D :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    LOL:) Love it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Couldn't resist- Making Henry Sew a couple deer! :D :lol:
    I love it too!

Blog Entries
    :)

Blog Entries
    It is true!!! Henry will sew anything that stands still :lol: :lol: :lol: She got you a good one, Henry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    LOL @ Amma :):):):):):)

Blog Entries
    Henry, love the curtain and all the conversation about the deer. You knew we would all get sidetracked didn't you? Love your pics and backyard. Thats why we live in the country! BTW...you can buy deer food at Walmart..its usually back with the hunting/fishing stuff. We use cracked corn from the local feed store..I'm sure you have a PetSmart or something similar..they might have some too. Also..TSC has it.

Love the pics of Henry sewing the deer...too funny!!! LOL..LOL!! and the new breed.."deer bird"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast