Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Butterflies, Butterflies, Butterflies!

Love all the butterflies and a wonderful story.

Blog Entries
    Very nice.

Very beautiful quilt I love butterflies.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt and a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing with us.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Love it. And what a beautiful story. Sariah should be very pleased and a very lucky girl.

Wonderful quilt & story!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful blend of generations. YOu should have left two butterflies without the black work.

That is beautiful. It will be a great story for her to know as she grows up.

The quilt is beautiful and what a treasure for your granddaughter. My mother made my great-granddaughter a quilt but could never get the binding right. Gave it to me to finish (I haven't yet, shame on me)but she will have a quilt sewn by bother great-great grandmother (Nana) and her great grandmother (Grammy)

Quote Originally Posted by patimint
    The quilt is beautiful and what a treasure for your granddaughter. My mother made my great-granddaughter a quilt but could never get the binding right. Gave it to me to finish (I haven't yet, shame on me)but she will have a quilt sewn by bother great-great grandmother (Nana) and her great grandmother (Grammy)
    I'll bet that when several generations lived together, there were many quilts that were a "team" effort. It doesn't matter that you don't think is right, but that you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen K.
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful blend of generations. YOu should have left two butterflies without the black work.
    That's a great idea - didn't even think of that! Mine are the ones in the upper row, 3'rd and 4th block. They show up as being kinda boring after the "antlers" that mother did!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    As I sort through my scraps, I found that I have lots of orange. And it is not my favorite color. So I dreamed a way to use lots of the orange! Butterflies!

As my grandkids turn 6 years old, I make them a new twin quilt for their bed, since little kid stuff is outgrown and outdated. My little gal turns 6 on March 20 and here is her quilt.

It has a sub-story going on too. My 88 year old mother was living with us. As I cut the fabric, she never ceased to be amazed at a rotary cutter and mat. Then she said "I speak to embroidery on the 'antlers'."

AHH very nice I also love butterflies.. is this a pattern or your own design?

As each block was done, she started in. Some of them are pretty wonky and strange, but it was her doing. Then when there were only 2 left, Mother had a stroke and passed away a few days later (Feb 24). I am a hospice nurse, so I felt right in my element to take care of her at home. It was busy, but a very satisfying and peaceful time.

This little quilt is from little Sariah's granmother (me) and her great grandmother! I hope she appreciates it when she's older. Sariah spent several days with us just two weeks before her old Gran died, so I think she'll remember her.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    As I sort through my scraps, I found that I have lots of orange. And it is not my favorite color. So I dreamed a way to use lots of the orange! Butterflies!

As my grandkids turn 6 years old, I make them a new twin quilt for their bed, since little kid stuff is outgrown and outdated. My little gal turns 6 on March 20 and here is her quilt.

It has a sub-story going on too. My 88 year old mother was living with us. As I cut the fabric, she never ceased to be amazed at a rotary cutter and mat. Then she said "I speak to embroidery on the 'antlers'."

As each block was done, she started in. Some of them are pretty wonky and strange, but it was her doing. Then when there were only 2 left, Mother had a stroke and passed away a few days later (Feb 24). I am a hospice nurse, so I felt right in my element to take care of her at home. It was busy, but a very satisfying and peaceful time.

This little quilt is from little Sariah's granmother (me) and her great grandmother! I hope she appreciates it when she's older. Sariah spent several days with us just two weeks before her old Gran died, so I think she'll remember her.
    Oh I just read the story .. :) sorry about your loss , but I can see you will find peace here as well;). I know butterflies always remind me of my son. God Bless you all.

My condolences on your mom's passing, Sara.

I'm sure Sariah will treasure this beautiful quilt knowing you both had a hand in creating it just for her.

Senior Member stitchntimesewing's Avatar
    It is lovely.

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful and so is the cat.

What a nice bright and cheery quilt. And it has such a warm and memorable story to go with it.

Beautiful quilt!!

love the orange!! not many people could do this, congratulations!

Orange is one of my favorite colors. I love the quilt. Great idea to turn a color you are not fond of into something so great!

Very cute quilt. I love all the different butterflies.

Cute quilt.

I love butterflies. Very pretty and a keepsake for your granddaughter made with lots of love for sure. I know she will treasure it for years to come.

Power Poster
    Cute quilt.

Beautiful quilt & a lovely story behind it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast