Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!!

Puzwhiz,
    too late! I took it apart thinking I could make a few changes, but I'm starting over. It's the last one I have to finish, I got the log cabins finished on Tue & Wed so tonight I'm starting the Card Trick.
    I am really glad I participated in this exchange. I was getting a little nervous about the time so I was glad it got extended.
    My husband is staying at my daughters since he got out of the hospital so I have been driving 3 hours to her house every weekend. I am looking forward to staying home this weekend so I can finish my blocks & get my house cleaned up.
    Jo

Blog Entries
    ladies i was just thinking as i was looking at all the beauitfuls blocks ,that you all have made ,in some of the blocks i,ve made i to have come out shorter or small in size of blocks ,and i have repeated making each block at least 3 to 4 times,wow what did i get myself into :shock: ,but on the other hand at looking at the measurements the blocks calls for a 12 inch block not 12 and half ,so in order to get 12 in half we have to change the measurments ,will im not good at math ,never was and i guess i,ll will be so i,ve maked all my blocks and getting ready to mail them out ,to those of you who,s in my group if you,r not happy with the block i made for you let me know and i,ll mail you a fat quarter if you,r not happy ,just let me know ok, pm me ,after you recieve a block from me ok i just want to be fair ladies

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am not going to be able to pull this off. I wanted to. But things just keep pulling me away from sewing. I only ever completed 3, and I am not sure they are all that great. I am so sorry.

I always have big ideas and then they just don't pander out.

I have too much going on now, sorry.

Tricia

Bebe, what does this mean? As I understand quilting turtle, she will not be sending any blocks as she was not able to finish them. I am sorry she is not able to complete them, but understand that life and other circumstances get in our way sometimes.

Have you heard from everyone else? Haven't seen quite a few of the participants on here lately. My blocks will be in the mail next week.

And please mail me any blocks you receive, even if they are not quite 12.5 ". I know the effort people put into making the blocks and I will take all of them!

I agree, I will take all of my blocks no matter what the size.....

mgrhs:

I am glad you will take your block any size. I have done that rascal 2 times and they both are oversized. one is 14 and one is 13.............I have the 14" one taken apart and am going to do it one more time.

Once I got the hang of it, it is a fun block to make.....the first one looks like it was the first thing I ever sewn. I will send you both.

My blocks will be in the mail in the next 2 weeks.

Beachlady I have an extra one of your block, not the same colors as the one I was going to send you I will send that one to make up for the that will be absent.

Blog Entries
    thank you beachlady im still in and my block came out 12 inchs

Blog Entries
    dazzle my came out 9,10 11, and that 15 inch block came out make a 20 ,but i redid them all and they came out about a 12 may be a bit shorter :?: but im going to mail them out anyway

Thanks dazzle. I will be glad to have anything and everything!!!

You got it!!! :D :D :D

Here are the last three!!!
    Jo
    Attached Images Attached Images

And here are all 12 together. I am so pleased to finally complete all my blocks! They all came out to 12.5 inches except Goshen Star which is 10.5 as desired.
    I hope everyone likes them. I will get them in the mail Monday.
    Jo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your blocks look great. Doesn't it feel good to finally be done. Now I can't wait to get mine.

Mine went in the mail this morning.

joannl your blocks are stunning.

I really am sorry everyone. That i dropped out, especially since it was at the last moment.

Tricia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Bebe, what does this mean? As I understand quilting turtle, she will not be sending any blocks as she was not able to finish them. I am sorry she is not able to complete them, but understand that life and other circumstances get in our way sometimes.

Have you heard from everyone else? Haven't seen quite a few of the participants on here lately. My blocks will be in the mail next week.
    Yes, Bebe...what does this mean exactly? What happens to all those cottom blossums blocks??? Do they get sent to Quilting Turtle anyway? Hmmmm...(I guess I better go back and make another 1 of my own blocks so my numbers come out right)....

Hope you are ok Quilting Turtle and that its just normal stuff that got in your way...nothing serious.

Nothing too serious, thanks. I am trying to deal with helping out my elderly grandmother. She is with me full time for a lil while now. Although I thought my life was settling down, I find I have less and less "me" time.

I had this and another exchange that I had already signed up for. I just couldn't pull them both off. I really do feel bad.

I am hoping that my schedule opens up soon, when I will be receiving help with family issues.

Thanks everyone,
    Tricia

It saddens me to know that someone waited till the end to tell us she was not going to meet her obligation :(
    As far as what is going to happen if you have not sent your blocks just keep the one you made for qturle and the blocks I have recieved for her will be returned to the original owner. Remember if you make no blocks you get none in return.

Today I recieved blocks from CCBear and Scrappy Louisa!!!
    Thanks for all that are complying :D :D

All blocks due within the next 2 weeks :D :D

Ladies I have heard from Colletta, Dazzlema, CChmelle, Nellie, Puzwhiz, Annmarie and they are sending their blocks soon. I recieved blocks from Bettlove, Sandpat, CCBear, Scrappy Louisa.

I will try and get mine out early next week. Have two more to make. Been very busy getting my mother's estate settled but now I am getting to have a little more time for ME! YEAH!!! I also have several that are just a triffle smaller than 12 1/2" and I had planned on remaking them.

thanks for letting me knowyour status!!!!!

Mine went in the mail yesterday. I am looking forward to getting mine. Like the others I will take mine even if the size is off, lots of work went into all of them.
    Thanks bebe for doing all the work to make this happen.
    Jo

Update!!!
    Quiltwoman and JoAnnl and Barbm are sending their blocks!!!

Sent you a PM bebe, mine will be there by the 15th - they are all done. Still a bit disillusioned about people not fulfilling their obligation - we all had almost 9 months to do 12 blocks.

Don't worry about the size of mine - if they are not quite 12.5 " send them anyway. Thanks!!!

Thanks for all your hard work Bebe.

Hi ladies

I heard from Elizabeth, Beachlady and dwolydrop all are sending their blocks!!!! Yeah :D :D

Do not get discouraged there is always someone who backs out and fails to meet her obligation :( :oops: :roll: :? :shock:
    Let's just go on and let it roll others are doing their part and that is what counts.

Well Bebe I am sorry you couldn't be a little more understanding. I did not do this intentionally and if you would have ASKED me before condemning me. Maybe I could have explained what was going on. If you would have bothered to look, I had not even been online for about 3 months. But of course you just assumed that it was an attack against you.

I finished the other exchange because I had the option of finishing one or none. I am sorry you took this so much to heart. I do not appreciate the pm.

To everyone else I am very sorry. As I said before. I will not sign up for another exchange.

Tricia

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast