Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Padacheeks >

Padacheeks

Padacheeks

Old 09-19-2010, 06:43 PM

just want to second the lady about being tested for sleep apnea. It changed my life. blessed sleep that we need to keep our minds, heart, etc going the right way. only symptom I had was snoring. I would have worn that thing home from the sleep clinic if they would let me. first time I slept 6 hours in a row in many years. Just do it !
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Wonder how many c pap users we have on here????
I do!
My Sis does!
My DH does
I know tons of people that do!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Norene B
I make straps for the cannula that they use for oxygen. My husband was getting sore ears and when I put one on his, the ears healed.
Hey, I never thought of this - what a smashing idea!! :thumbup: Hubby and I both need oxygen 24/7 and our ears get especially sore when we inadvertently step on each others 50' hose! :shock: :cry: Talk about doing the Tango, er, I mean Tangle!! :lol:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I agree! I have people tell me they don't use their machines for a huge variety of reasons. I have used mine every single night since I first received it. One night the power went out and I had the worst migraine when I woke up. The doctor said it was because my body has now become accustomed to having oxygon when I sleep. No more oxygon deprivation. I suppose it was easier for me to just force myself because my husband would desat and I knew what it looked like. If that doesn't scare you nothing will.
Did you know that some machines are capable of using a battery pack? Mine is, but I haven't gotten one. If a person is concerned about power outages, etc., this is worth looking into.

My O2 sats bottomed out at 75 during my sleep test. Considering over 90 is required, no wonder I was in bad shape. Hubby's got down to 78. He was the one that urged me to get tested because he spent many sleepless nights trying to get me to turn over or nudging me so I would start breathing again. Yep, it's really scary!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by smitty
just want to second the lady about being tested for sleep apnea. It changed my life. blessed sleep that we need to keep our minds, heart, etc going the right way. only symptom I had was snoring. I would have worn that thing home from the sleep clinic if they would let me. first time I slept 6 hours in a row in many years. Just do it !
Thanks! Yes, sleep is absolutely blessed!! Folks don't realize what they're missing out on until they haven't had enough sleep in a long time.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM

I wear the full mask because I am a mouth snorer.

They found my sleep apnea when they did a heart cath. on me. They couldn't hardly get my test done because I stopped breathing so much. As soon as I woke up from the test my cardiologist told me that I had to have the test done for sleep apnea the next night. My heart and everything was ok, it was my sleep apnea causing everything. When they did the test, I stopped breathing 91 times in an hour. Since I have had the cpap machine I really sleep all night now.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 PM

My husband uses a cpap, which in some way rubs sores on one of his ears. Would your idea help with that, do you think?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Thanks for posting will be making a set when I get home. Hugs from on c-papper to another.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Marquilt
My husband uses a cpap, which in some way rubs sores on one of his ears. Would your idea help with that, do you think?
This sounds like improper fitting from the straps of the mask. Perhaps the straps are too tight? Or, not positioned correctly? I would suggest either referring to the fitting instructions or CD that came with his mask or looking his mask up on the manufacturer's website where they probably also have this information. If neither of these things work, then I'd suggest he call or see his respiratory therapist in person for assistance. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Fay,
Thank you so much. I am definitely going to make some for my mask. The material they use is definitely not the most comfortable, and sometimes if it turns just the wrong way my long hair gets caught in the velcro. Ouch!!!
Your very welcome. Let me know if I can be of any more help. good luck wiht your padacheeks. Huggies, Fay..sheese , now I have to figure out a way to get the back of my Swift FX to stay put. It rides up and I don't like that. Well more figuring to do.