Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Phase 2 of my quilt room... >

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Old 04-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Big accomplishment! :thumbup: What a difference with the before and after pics. Doesn't it feel good!! It really looks good.
Thanks wine woman. I still have my Christmas, flannel, and brights to do. That is a ton of fabric left to organize. :? I really love fabric and now I love seeing what the heck I have. It's so fun to shop in my store. ;) :-D
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

WOW :mrgreen: I need someone to come and organize me :wink:
Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM

Fabulous :mrgreen:
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sunlover
Alaska Sunshine
Do you have that huge stash because you can't get to a fabric store or it is a lifelong collection. I don't know that I have ever seen a quilters stash that size. It is in wonderful order and you must be in awe of your own sewing room. I have a small stash compared to yours and maybe I will now buy a little more. Not competing but see that you can quilt to your hearts content and never have to leave home for another piece of material. Its a wonderful room, I bet you love quilting in that place. You are an inspiration to the rest of us!!!!!!!
Hey sunlover,
Actually my husband and I took a trip for our 25th anniversary (8 years ago) and we went to Rosie's Calico Cupboard in California and he bought me nearly $1,000 worth of fabric there. He was replentishing my very depleated stash from making quilts for so many people as gifts. I believe to date it is 78 or there about. Now I quilt for us mostly. I so seldom buy and fabric unless it is on a crazy good sale. My husband told me to be sure to keep a few shelves empty for future shopping!!! I truely nearly fell over :lol:

I have friends that actually have their stach in conex containers and they are busting at the seams, and in apple boxes (tons of boxes)I guess I like what I have and all the memories I have with my husband shopping for each piece. A wonderful memory I have is that a friend came to visit us after her husband had died. She moved to Virginia years ago. We were thrilled to be able to see her again. When she saw I was a quilter she said she could never learn to quilt. I told her if she really wanted to learn I would take her shopping in "my store" she went up stairs and we picked out everything she liked and we made a king size quilt. It was quilted and bound before she left. The whole time she was quilting she was smiling and kept thanking me. That is a priceless memory!!! :-D
Betsy's quilt came out beautiful!!! :thumbup:

By the way I love your avitar!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 AM

All I can say is WOW!! I keep going back and looking at all your fabric and machines.... can I come sit in your room and daydream?? Love it. :)
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 AM

I am so jealous!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 AM

Wow I have been in quilt shops that didnt have that much fabric...very nice and so well organized. It was alot of work, I looked at the old pics.

I have a silly question. If you leave the fabric on the "bolt" like that for a long time will the edge fade?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Envious
Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Wow, all that neatness, MAKES me want to be creative! Wanna come over and help me? LOL
Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

You have such a pretty and well organized room :D:D:D AND a wonderful DH to help you :D:D:D