Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics  :-) >
  • PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics :-)

• PHOTOS - IRR -- Group 1 "World Piece Quilters" Pictures -- Signup Closed -- see the Pics :-)

Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 AM

Big Boy has to go to the vet because he had surgery on Tuesday. Actually was your Monday. He had a lump on his side that I was watching. It started getting bigger, about 1/2 the size of a dime, so I took him in to have it checked. They asperated it and found some "funny" cells, so they cut the lump out and sent it to a lab. Will get results next week. He also had a tooth pulled. He hasn't eaten since he got home and it's now Thursday night/Friday morning. I will take him back in to have him checked, but I really think it's pain. I think his poor mouth hurts. He'll lick at whatever a couple times, but then walks away. I just don't want him to get sick.

When I mean that I'll have the vet "hold" him. I mean that I'll leave him at the vet while I run to the post office. I don't want to leave him in the van while I run in. I never know how long the line is until I get inside and I don't want him to overheat in the van.

Yes, I leave on the 13th, 12th EST. I'm the only one going. Everyone else is staying home.
    Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 AM
    Banned

Awww, poor Big Boy!! Tell him Auntie Gai said mom should buy some Veal Baby Food. And there is a pain med for kitties, called butorphanol. It is the ONLY pain med for kitties. If he doesn't already have it, you can jump up and down at the vet's and insist on some. Because when cats go too long without eating they can develop a lethal liver problem called hepatolipidosis.

Give the sweet boy a cuddle from me. As you are aware, I am really very fond of big boy kitties! LOL
    Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
    Power Poster

Oh...I thought you were going to "board" him at the vets while you were gone...Follow Gai's orders...Big Boy does need to eat..and soon! Hope all goes well with the lump biopsy...thats always scary.
    Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 AM

I tried the baby food, tried 5 different flavors...nothing. He sniffed and licked at one, but that was it.
    He's going in tomorrow because we don't want the liver failure. I really think it's because his mouth hurts with the tooth being pulled.
    Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 AM
    Power Poster

You are probably right..I didn't know....the tooth too? Yuck...We (me, Puddin, Bart, Baby and Weezie) are sending hugs his way....feel better BB....
    Old 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM

Thanks...I'll give him extra and tell him they are from his quilting aunties and their furbabies
    Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Poor Big Boy! Give him a hug from me too, OK? :-D
    Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 AM

I sure will! Poor guy is curled up on Courtney's bed
    Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 AM

Give that baby a kiss on the top of his head for me, too, Terri. It's so hard when they're "off" and you don't know what to do for them. I have to take my old man (orange tabby -- not DH!) into the vet's tomorrow, too. At one point he was a 22 lb. bruiser, but now he's not eating and seems to be getting bonier....the worst part is he's not purring as loud as a Nascar anymore. It's to be expected with an 18 year old cat, but it's so hard to see it.

Can't wait to get my next round to work on. It's just so fun (and scary) to sit and stare at them to try to come up with creative ideas. I'm glad I was convinced to join this IRR.
    Old 12-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Furbabies are just not fun when they are sick.
    I'll tell him that the Duck gives him love too....hope he doesn't try to nibble lol

I can't see what the next rounds hold either!