Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pickled Ladies back on track >

Pickled Ladies back on track

Pickled Ladies back on track

Old 09-20-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chasezzz View Post
Love the ladies! Am intrigued. Looked up the Inklingo patter and found it is priced at $30. A bit high for what would be for me an exploration with no specific project in mind. Have been doing NYB varitiations using PP techniques.

I am just down the road from you in DeBary (on the St Johns River). Would be fun to meet you sometime!
Oh gosh Chasezzz, I would love to have you come to visit. I love company in quilting. we could share ideas and You could watch me do a block as well....see you pm
Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 AM

I have re-drafted several more different ladies so far. I think I made 10 different one but did it the easy way this time. the first one, which is posted here, I drafted with a compass etc. this time I went into my EQ program and Block Base and just printed out tops and then I will add the bottom to it and see what happens. I will post all the information as I do each block. I am still in PJ (still retired, youknow) lol and will start shortly. I picked bunches of fabrics but still have to pick more, you all know I have fabric, right? lol ok, later. It so fun to be back to quilting.....
Old 09-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Rosy you never cease to amaze me. May I come with Jan??? Beautiful work!
You certainly can ....I love my quilting ladies...
Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Wow rosy! That will be a complete stunner when you get it all set together. I remember seeing the pattern kit for around four hundred dollars and about having a heart attack! I loved it, but, gee, that price put me off real quick.

This is a ton of work and I am so happy you are back to it. Love it so far.

I remember too this used to be called a pickle dish block, right?
Kits are outrageously priced but then it's the best of fabric and I guess there is work putting it together. This is why I have bought fabric for years and years, thank God! I have enough that I never need to buy again. I don't care what they come out with lol. Yes it is in the pickled line of pickle dish. I think anything with the crown effect is called pickled lol. They called this one the pickled lady. Just think of it as a clamshell with a crown or several crowns and several other adornments. You will see all the different ways I will do this with pics.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:03 PM

I went back to drafting. I knew something wasn't right with the old pattern. Everything is supposed to be contained in the circle. I have spent 2 days, until 10.00pm tonight and I think I got it. I will just have do one block. I will do an easy one with no crowns. I made the paper templates and then the plastic one and compared them to the original drawing. Everything matches, thank God. all that printing I did yesterday is no good for this new pattern lol.....

Never mind that's how I learn. I must learn to do a sample and that is what I am doing now to test the pattern. Here are some pics of some of the fabrics I pulled, not done yet, and the templates. I cut one plain block out of the Indian fabric, that's the one I will do tonight.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0011.jpg   dsci0014.jpg   dsci0015.jpg   dsci0001.jpg   dsci0010.jpg  

Old 09-20-2016, 07:39 PM

Amazing work you!
Old 09-21-2016, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Looking amazing! Lively colors and beautiful florals.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 AM

I was still working on the block and finally just decided to stay with the clam and one crown. I still want to manipulate the clam and do other things but that can wait until I study some more lol. I made five new blocks with the new pattern. I decided to add some slices here and there as I set them up. thank goodness for this design board. You can see the first pic and the clam got lost, Now I took out a slice and rearranged and now you can see the clams. I have to have lots of contrast in the slices so the clam doesn't get lost. I have decided to just make a few clams, then cut out slices and put them here and there, so I can see how it looks before I sew the slice in. Not all of them will have slice.

Not all of them will have crowns either. I know I have to pick large prints to make the clam show up nicely and place them just so. I am having a good day today....
Attached Thumbnails dsci0017.jpg   dsci0018.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 09-23-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:08 PM

Played around some more, two spikes done so far. I guess the spiky ones aren't coming too fast lol....
Attached Thumbnails dsci0021.jpg   dsci0022.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:06 PM

Default Pickled lady

I have finally studied EQ enough that I was able to draft the PL in it. Penny M at EQ headquarters is so patient and willing to help. Anyway I have got it down pat. I want to share it with you guys but my acrobat that makes pdf, doesn't work anymore. I am uploading a jpeg and hope it will print out the right size for you.

Then I copied and pasted it in word and saved it as a pdf but it came out smaller. Then I put it in photo shop, cropped the excess paper and made it bigger so I am also sending you those. You can always enlarge the pattern too.

Now I;m going to start sewing with this new pattern. I did half the pattern so it would fit on one sheet and easy to print. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails left-side-jp.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
left wing.pdf (198.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf
right wing.pdf (184.6 KB, 87 views)