Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap

Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Jupiter - after I realized how much brown was in there along with your colors I figured you'd probably want something else so no problem. But I was so surprised to find it at all. May end up using it for an OBW.

My colors for most things are blues greens and purples. Here's a picture using one set of blocks that I will most likely use some of the same fabrics in this project. It is my favorite combination so far.

Picture not cooperating. Will try again later
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OraLee
Rhonda, Does it matter what color we make the block in? Did we already get a partner? I am having a senior moment.
Yep OraLee you got me for a partner!! LOL
Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Jupiter - you can see a picture of my fabrics in the picture of the doll quilt I did for the Feb doll quilt swap on p.27.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:53 PM

defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163803.jpe  
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marcias
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.
Looks like you did a good job of that wings block. If it helps any I posted paper templates you can try. It might take some of the pressure off and simplify the process abit for you.

-

Paper Templates
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164312[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-164307.pdf (340.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 AM

I think it is looking gorgeous - but don't drive yourself crazy. Take a break and then go back to it. No hurry - I got a busy week this week and won't get to work on yours until end of the week.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 AM

Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole
Carole, don't get scared because of my bloops. In the past month, I have messed up on two blocks of the month and one should have been a walk in the park. Maybe it is old timers disease but my brain doesn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders. It is probably something really simple that I just can't see now. The lilac should have been on both top halves with the pink and green on the bottom. I would definately try it on some old fabric you don't like first to be sure you get it right, or maybe on some paper. Or use the paper templates Rhonda posted today. I think I will try them next time. Thank you, Rhonda. And thank you, Dee. We still have plenty of time to get these blocks done.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Hi Mom-6,

So its more of a teal/blue/green and purple? Also, do you have a certain block you want me to make? I am ready to start, but not sure what I am doing! lol

hugs, Jup

ps... pretty doll quilt!

Originally Posted by mom-6
Jupiter - you can see a picture of my fabrics in the picture of the doll quilt I did for the Feb doll quilt swap on p.27.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM

;-)